The Senior Bottling Operator position tends to day to day operation of all bottling equipment. The position follows standard operating procedures and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
* Under minimal supervision: Attends to the operation of all bottling equipment and tasks while applying GMPs.
* Under minimal supervision: Performs line and equipment sanitation in compliance with CBI Quality requirements.
* Operate and trouble shoot all machine centers, demonstrate advanced skills including change overs at all work centers.
* Rotate between all machine centers.
* Maintain Lift Truck Certification, (forks and clamp).
* Safely and efficiently operate all pieces of equipment on multiple production lines to meet or exceed established production goals in a cost-effective manner.
* Responsible for routine production reporting and quality checks
* Must be able to consistently perform all in-process and final production quality control and verification checks.
* Must be able to consistently and accurately perform all aspects of dry goods and finished product inventory management. Including verification of incoming receipt of materials, delivery of materials to production line and inventory put way at the completion of runs.
* Identifies opportunities to improve processes. Demonstrates the ability to identify key downtime reasons and solutions to improve efficiency.
* Ability to keep work area clean, organized and Food Safety compliant. Responsible for general housekeeping duties and maintaining a sanitary work area.
* Train Op I and Op II.
* Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices.
* Demonstrates situational awareness and a sense of urgency on the production floor.
* Demonstrate a sense of urgency for Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
* Communicates effectively with team members, leadership and other departments.
* Follows all safety procedures and guidelines. Identifies safety hazards and communicates to team members and leadership.
* Demonstrates a positive attitude, ability to work with team members to achieve production goals and has a desire to continuously learn and improve.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Internal Applicants without diploma or GED:
Must have minimum 5 years of high speed bottling line experience
* Must read/write English at 8th grade level. Must pass assessment test.
* Must have strong mechanical skills. Must pass mechanical assessment test.
* Able to perform diverse and complex tasks on highly technical machine centers.
* Able to work various shifts and schedules including weekends as needed.
* Basic Computer Skills.
* Ability to operate automated equipment via HMI (Human Machine Interface) screens.
Physical Requirements/Workplace Requirements:
* Physical Requirements: The employee is required to stand for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to: stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequent walking, bending and use of stairs and ladders are required. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Movements requiring hands, wrists and fingers are required regularly.
* Work Schedule Requirements: Irregular shifts, including graveyard, and long hours may be required, particularly during harvest.
The purpose of this description is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
Napa Bottling Facility, California
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).