Seeking Experienced Staff Accountant to join Jackson Family Enterprises' finance department and take over the major reporting and reconciliation duties for the international operations of the Company; assisting Accounting Supervisor with month-end closing procedures, preparation of financial statement in accordance with relevant US GAAP and International standards, and various other accounting tasks.
Financial Close and Reporting
• Perform foreign currency translation of foreign entities' financial statements and consolidate to the US GAAP financial statements
• Perform month-end elimination entries for related party transactions entered into during the month
• Maintain appropriate documentation for International entities' account reconciliations
• Collaborate with international controllers to ensure accounts are reconciled and financial statements are accurately reported
• Maintain domestic copies of local book financial statements
• Prepare other standard and ad hoc reports as requested by management, including gross margin reports, channel reporting, and Executive Summary reports.
• Prepare supporting schedules and gather supports, as needed, to assist in the transfer pricing calculation between domestic and foreign entities.
• Work with Business Process Improvement director to document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal control.
• Assist International Accounting Supervisor with their requests and questions.
• Prepare reports and schedules necessary to support tax requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or equivalent; CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
• 2 - 3 years of work experience responsible for all variety of accounting/audit functions; financial statement audit experience highly preferred, and from a reputable audit firm a plus.
• Excellent systems skills including ability to structure meaningful Excel reports and supporting analyses; JD Edwards, Great Plains, QuickBooks, or similar accounting software experience preferred
• Willingness and ability to handle all levels of accounting, from basic data entries to high level analysis
• Attention to detail and high organization skills
• Experience working with a high-volume manufacturing company preferred
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams; must have continuous improvement mindset
• Fluent in foreign language (Spanish, Italian, French) a plus