Are you looking for an opportunity to be a change agent for a growing alcohol beverage company? Do you embrace difficult situations? Do you have a passion for managing multiple projects? If so, this may be the role you've been waiting for.
As the Specialist, you will be a key member of the Packaging Commercialization Team and will be responsible for the facilitation of packaging changes for the Company. This includes but are not limited to: documentation of packaging specifications and standards; administration of documentation; maintenance and control of packaging information; Package Change Notice (PCN) communication; Material Data Management (MDM), for Item Master; and Bill of Material (BOM) set-up; Manage and control proofing process for all new proofs;, submit labels to Compliance for Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) approval and to Customer Service for State filings.
Essential Job Functions:
* Collaborate on work documents/SOPs for the specialist job function
* Facilitate packaging change through operations
* Review proofs and verify information to provide for an accurate internal approval of printed packaging components.
* Approve die lines/scoring and interface with Packaging Suppliers in development activity
* Develop partition and shipper sizing (Internal Dimensions)
* Develop pallet patterns using TOPS or CAPE to best support bottling, distribution and customer requirements
* Administer the Documentation, Maintenance and Control of Packaging:
+ Create and publish Package Change Notices (PCN), so that package changes are accurately reflected in JD Edwards and Intellapac and communicated to the manufacturing groups.
+ Provide direction to MDM for Item Master and Bill of Material set-up request SCC and UPC codes.
+ Author and monitor the Wine Label Verification (WLV) form in Intellapac to ensure legal information are accurately reflected on packaging components.
+ Create component and Finished Good specifications in Intellapac 3 weeks prior to bottling.
+ Identify packaging components that may require submission for TTB approval, assure components meet known compliance regulations, and submit proofs to Compliance for TTB submittal and approval.
+ Submit Label Changes to Customer Service for uploading to state web-sites.
+ Identify and coordinate the application of NABCA and state codes for printing on shippers.
+ Develop product data sheets for new products and communicate to Marketing.
+ Complete assignments in PlanView, such as updating product specification information and uploading Final proofs to the project repository.
* Associate Degree, and 3+years of experience in corporate work environment.
* Experience working with database systems and ERPs.
* Excellent Microsoft office skills, especially Excel.
* Experience working in a systems development/project management support environment.
* Strong organizational and teamwork skills.
* Excellent communications skills.
* Detail oriented.
* Strong multi-tasking skills.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Sciences and or Arts.
* Knowledge of JD Edwards software, experience with CAPE or TOPS.
* Lean/Black Belt experience/certification.
* Travel up to 10% of the time.
* Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive a car and travel via plan/train as needed.
* Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).