Position Summary: The Groundkeeping/Landscaping position, under the direction of the Head Gardener and Director of Operations, performs all landscape maintenance activities for the Boisset winery properties. This can include seasonal plantings, maintenance of lawns, shrubbery, and trees, grounds cleaning, caretaking of winery livestock (goats/sheep/chickens) and miscellaneous duties related to ensuring an attractive, healthy, organic outdoor environment at each facility.
• Perform all activities related to lawn, shrubbery, and tree maintenance throughout each facility. These activities can include planting, watering, fertilizing, pruning, trimming, mowing, debris collection, and other tasks as needed.
• Monitor irrigation systems related to landscaping on the winery sites, as listed above. Includes setting timers, monitoring water needs in different areas, performing repair & maintenance, and all other tasks to ensure efficient, cost-effective water usage.
• Cultivate, sow, and maintain edible fruit and vegetable areas.
• Plant and rotate seasonal annuals in selected areas as directed.
• Maintain all grounds, parking lots, patios, paths, roads and public spaces in a clean, attractive manner, performing regular weed-whacking/cleaning/blowing/debris removal.
• Perform necessary pest control to keep landscape areas healthy and attractive, using organic and sustainable products according to organic guidelines.
• Maintain all garden equipment and tools in safe, working condition, making recommendations for repair and/or replacement when necessary. Monitor storage and security of all equipment and tools.
• Assist in maintenance of the seasonal inventory of landscaping materials such as compost, fertilizers, pest control products, fencing materials etc.
• Perform daily livestock care for on-site animals. This can include feeding, watering, cleaning pens, maintaining fences and shelters, and other activities as needed.
• Clear brush and fallen trees. Cut, split, and stack firewood.
Heavy physical activity performing regular strenuous activities, including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, carrying, pushing, pulling, squatting, and other motions. Stability and balance adequate for elevated and/or narrow work areas. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs. in weight independently, and up to 100 lbs. or more with assistance. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, grasp, hold, handle items, and work with the fingers, wrists, elbows, and shoulders. Clear vision (close and distant), peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. Hearing adequate for working safety around machinery, vehicles, and other equipment.
• Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions, such as cold, fog, rain, heat, dust, wind, sun, etc. Periodic work in shop environment with fumes, lubricants and/or fuels. Moderate to high noise levels typical of farm equipment and tools. Exposure to agricultural chemicals and materials. (Note: PPE provided for all workers. Shaded rest areas, water, portable toilets, and all other required accommodations provided.)
Schedule and Travel Requirements:
• Seasonally adjusted schedule: may include overtime and/or periodic layoffs depending on the workload, weather, and growing cycle.
• Position requires driving between several locations, approx. 45 minutes each way, on 2 lane roads.
• Position does not require overnight travel.
Competitive hourly wage offered.
***Benefits: medical, dental, vision, FSA, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.
Please apply online today to be considered for this exciting career opportunity or fax 707.676.1430.
Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015 and 2016.