Kosta Browne Winery, a Duckhorn Portfolio Winery
Located in Sebastopol, Sonoma County, Kosta Browne is a trusted authority on California Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Kosta Browne produces appellation and single-vineyard wines from the most coveted cool climate vineyards across the Russian River Valley, Sonoma Coast, Anderson Valley, Sta. Rita Hills and Santa Lucia Highlands appellations. A commitment to quality, stewardship of the land, and customer relationships has made Kosta Browne an industry-leading producer of inspiring wines that transcend their origins and represent California on a global stage.
SUMMARY: The DTC Sales Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Brand Engagement to execute new customer acquisition programs and brand engagement initiatives. The role will support broad responsibilities related to sales and marketing including; brand activations, project management, event logistics, inhouse customer service, vendor relations, and occasionally representing the winery at forward facing sales and marketing events. Precise and enthusiastic communication and representation of the brand in both oral and written forms, excellent task and time management skills and the ability to work cross-departmentally is imperative to this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support development of the annual DTC sales plan and programs designed to attract and acquire new customers.
• Project management for new customer acquisition initiatives including administrative responsibilities, scheduling, timeline communications and interdepartmental resource needs.
• Pre and post brand activation setup support, including event registration, wine shipments, tracking, event kit materials, partner coordination and logistics.
• Data capture, tracking and follow-up of new customers to the allocation list.
• Coordinate development of DTC sales and marketing tools.
• Maintain brand and event activation standards and practices.
• Provide in-depth wine and brand information that encourages purchasing and loyalty.
• Build good rapport with customers and follow through on all commitments.
• Practice gracious hospitality and make things happen to satisfy the needs of our customers.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with key clients and vendors.
• Enthusiastically represent Kosta Browne at customer and partner facing events, including but not limited to; wine and food festivals, winemaker dinners, onsite winery events.
• Update and track customer touch points via CRM Systems and SalesForce
• Ensure member information is properly captured and managed
• Provide regular reporting on CRM as it related to Customer Acquisition programs.
• Identify CRM improve opportunities and offer thoughtful solutions.
• Support Client Services Team efforts during DTC release programs.
Required Experience, Education, Knowledge, & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field
• Understanding of, and appreciation for customer relationship management
• Disciplined written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of standard business applications
• The ability to learn quickly, with strong intellectual curiosity
• Strong work ethic, and the ability to navigate uncertainty
• Driven, self-starter with passion for wine and customer relationships
• This position has budgetary oversight for specific events
• Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
• Prolonged use of computer and keyboard
• Lift and move up to 40 lbs. occasionally
• Manual dexterity required to handle stemware, open and pour wine.
• Regularly required to talk and hear, stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climbing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• This job primarily operates in a professional office environment as well as production facility with occasional exposure to dust, gas, and/or fumes, hazardous material, and high noise levels. Must be able to work in a variety of temperature and humidity levels. Responsible for maintaining a safe, friendly, positive, and conscientious work environment.
• Occasional travel by car or plane
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule with extended hours as required during peak season demand
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with resume and letter of introduction.