The Constellation Rotational Development Program (RDP) is designed to develop the technical skills, business acumen, and leadership abilities of new or recent graduates and high-performing, high-potential employees. Our goal is to accelerate the development of future Operations leaders by providing participants functional experiences that enable them to learn, contribute, and integrate with the organization.
During this two-year program, you will have the opportunity to perform meaningful assignments in three, eight-month rotations within the functional departments of Winemaking, Vineyard Operations, and Production. Each rotation provides a well-rounded experience that includes on-the-job and leadership responsibilities while learning more about the overall wine business. Included in the rotations will be presentations about key learning to Senior Leadership.
After successfully completing the program, you are eligible to apply for roles that best leverages the experiences you have gained throughout the rotations and meet both your career interests and business needs.
Rotation Overview and Potential Responsibilities:
* Monitor winemaking processes and procedures to ensure that wine quality, style and winemaking operations meet expectations.
* Make recommendations while collaborating with the operations team in planning and scheduling of all winemaking cellar activities for optimum efficiency and quality.
* Plan and monitor winemaking experiments, data collection, and presentation of results.
* Assist with shipping/receiving of both juice/wine in and out of the facility.
* Review and communicate bottling quality control and lab analysis reports to identify potential wine quality issues.
* Perform routine sensory evaluation of juices, musts and wines.
* Recommend and implement ongoing process improvements that use state-of-the art technology and best practices in winemaking to maximize productivity, efficiency and quality and enhance the winery's position in the industry.
* Learn Viticulture key operations such as pruning, canopy management, spray programs, pest and disease management, staff supervision, irrigation principals, and quality measurements.
* Understand vineyard management activities including tracking and planning budgets, task planning, assignment of duties, capital planning, implementation and tracking.
* Support harvest planning, schedule, and grape-pick management.
* Learn about Grower Relations operations such as contract management, what is involved in grower visits and discussions, data gathering, reporting, price negotiations, and harvest planning.
* Learn and apply knowledge, skills, and abilities in production processes and planning.
* Learn about the various compliances, such as TTB, environmental and safety.
* Understand inter-departmental dependency within a winery, financial management and winery infrastructure.
* Assist cellar operations including executing weekly and daily production plans, bulk wine and barrel inventory management, and learning and performing sanitation inspections.
* Bachelor's or Graduate degree (May 2015 to present) in Enology, Vineyard or Viticulture, or Wine/Ag Business
* Completed working one harvest
* Robust time management, organization and project management skills
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
* Creativity and strategic thinking skills
* Effective communication skills
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Word, Excel and Outlook
* Geographic flexibility within California (for post program placement)
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
* Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting
Your application must include the following:
* Cover letter, including why our Rotational Development Program (RDP) role is the right next step for you in your career and what you seek to gain from selection in the program.
* Letter of recommendation from a former professor
Viticulture & Winemaking
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).