Martine's Wines is a national importer, wholesaler and distributor founded in 1979 by Martine Saunier. Our selective import portfolio is predominantly French and our wines and producers are internationally renowned.
As a continually growing distributorship in Illinois, we are currently seeking a Sales Representative to cover both on-premise and off-premise accounts in the greater Chicago market. The right candidate is a well-organized and highly self-motivated individual with a passion for fine wine, sales and service.
Responsibilities | Sales Representatives at Martine’s Wines:
• Sell high quality wines to on-premise and off-premise accounts throughout the territory.
• Work closely with the Illinois Sales Manager and fellow sales team to achieve & exceed sales goals.
• Maintain excellent and lasting customer relationships.
• Provide the highest levels of thoughtful and thorough customer service.
• Develop extensive knowledge of our portfolio and products.
• Seek out new business relationships and open new accounts throughout the territory.
• Organize and host wine tastings, dinners and events for trade and consumers.
• Assist with supplier visits; including educational presentations, work-withs, tastings, dinners, etc.
• Stay current on industry trends and engage with the local wine community.
Requirements | Candidates must:
• Be able to document successful sales experience in previous jobs or demonstrate a sharp understanding of the critical principles of sales.
• Come with an understanding of grapes, regions and winemaking techniques and a curiosity and passion for always learning more.
• Maintain high standards of professionalism, excellent communication and strong organizational skills.
• Be driven, self-motivated, perseverant, genuine and enthusiastic.
• Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and positive work environment.
• Be well versed in Microsoft office and proficient with online applications.
• Be capable of lifting 40+ lbs on an ongoing basis.
• Have a vehicle and valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
Compensation & Benefits | Employees of Martine’s Wines earn:
• Competitive salary and commission that is commensurate with experience, qualifications and results.
• Employer-sponsored medical, employee-sponsored dental/vision/401k programs; expense allowance; paid cell phone; paid holidays and vacation.
If you meet these requirements and would like to be a part of one of the most distinguished and dynamic wine companies with a growing portfolio of some of the world’s best wines, please reply with your resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!