About The Company:
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world's largest wine companies, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). The Company has a rich heritage and a portfolio of some of the most recognized and awarded wine brands in the world, including Penfolds, Beaulieu Vineyards, Beringer, Wolf Blass, 19 Crimes, Matua, Chateau St Jean, Sterling Vineyards, Gabbiano, Lindeman's and Etude. TWE is focused on portfolio premiumization and brand-led marketing, with world-class production facilities in internationally recognized wine regions. The Company sources grapes from a mix of owned, leased and third-party vineyards. Employing approximately 3,400 winemakers, viticulturists, sales, marketing, distribution and support staff across the globe, TWE's wine is sold in more than 100 countries around the world. Learn more about Treasury Wine Estates at www.tweglobal.com
Treasury Wine Estates seeks a Senior Associate/Corporate Communication Manager to support our Americas business. The Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and leading the execution of highly effective external and internal communications work for the Americas region of TWE, that helps manage external risks, builds corporate our brand reputation globally, and contributes to the delivery of TWE's strategic roadmap. The role will be a key player and support to the Americas Leadership Team and the Director, Corporate Communications on shaping and delivering all communications work, providing a clear connection between regional and global Corporate Communications. This role is a standalone team member for the Americas region, reporting into the Global Corporate Communications leader in Australia.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
• Provide support in managing all external and internal communications for TWE Americas.
• Provide the Americas Leadership Team with strategic counsel and advice on media, corporate and crisis communications, and internal communications issues.
• Support on media liaison and company spokesperson duties - at a regional level, taking direction where necessary from global Corporate Communications.
• Support on press and media engagement, and other external influencers and that shape TWE's corporate reputation.
• Support and manage media training and communications capabilities for the Americas Leadership Team.
• Drive an increase in both the volume and favorability of TWE's media coverage in the Americas.
• Engage, inspire and inform TWE employees through regular, targeted and highly effective internal communications in the Americas, in line with the company strategy.
• Generate excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the organization's vision, strategies, desired culture, and behaviors.
• Recruit and manage external providers, including agencies, media monitoring, social media, photographers, printers, web developers etc.
• Effectively allocate resources to deliver major projects on time, and on budget.
• Manage corporate social and digital channels for regional presence, in line with global Corporate Communications strategy.
• Partner with other business functions on internal transformation projects and support efforts to improve TWE's workplace culture and employee engagement.
• Work closely with Marketing and Brand PR teams to effectively leverage brand and marketing initiatives across internal communications channels and business / trade media.
Qualifications and Experience:
• BA Degree in Business with an emphasis in Communications, Public Relations or similar preferred
• Demonstrable experience in corporate communications in a corporate or related environment
• Experience in internal/external communications at publicly listed company preferred
• Experience in consumer goods and/or drinks industry desired
• Strong communication skills and influencing ability, especially with senior stakeholders
• Experience in dealing with the media, preferably as a Company spokesperson
• Demonstrated time management skills
• Demonstrated understanding of Company dynamics, strategic goals and way of operating