Northeast Regional Sales Manager- On and Off Premise
Yarden Wines Inc.
Job description: An established and iconic import wine company is looking for a Northeast Regional Sales Manager to manage the existing distributor relationships, create additional distributor relationships, and grow the business in the Northeastern US. Our wines are the most internationally celebrated wines from Israel.
The Regional Sales Manager will develop and implement sales strategies, tactics, and marketing plans for all Yarden Wines Inc brands – including: Yarden, Hermon, Gilgal, and Galil Mountain wines. This person will monitor and execute consumer programming with distributors and their accounts. They must understand distributor management, pricing, and have a proven record of attaining sales goals. The Regional Sales Manager will work directly with United States VP to develop market specific strategies to execute sales and achieve performance goals.
Essential duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• The customer is trifurcated channels- distributor management is essential; direct relationships with retail and restauranteurs is essential; and ability to understand the Kosher market as a separate channel is important.
• Responsible for overall account direction for all of these three channels by assuming leadership role for communications, collaboration, and coordination of account channels.
• Must be able to call on accounts independently, to identify and directly serve key accounts, while communicating with distribution network.
• Must have strong distributor contacts in the Northeast currently.
• Must be able to support distributor sales reps through work withs and communication in assigned territory.
• Must be facile with leading bi- annual distributor reviews.
• Monitor and measure account and distributor level performance monthly.
• Identify and create additional market and distribution execution opportunities.
High Impact Communication:
• Maintain communication with National VP on a weekly basis.
• Provide marketing and strategic feedback to all key accounts and distributors with consistency.
• Must be an excellent, driven, highly detailed communicator via writing, sales presentations, and public speaking.
• Participate in industry and consumer events, seminars, and shows as necessary.
• Ensures that all company standards and values are upheld ethically and procedurally.
• Familiar with and complying with all federal and state laws governing the sale of wine in assigned territory.
• A problem solver - bring new ideas and ways to enhance the territory and job.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent years of working experience in business and sales.
• Minimum of 5 years in the alcohol beverage industry as a supplier representative.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals.
• Excellent strategic and tactical skills; ability to deal well with all people and ability to think on one’s feet.
• Positive attitude, business growth mindset.
• Advanced ability with all Microsoft Word programs; experience with Diver a plus.
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
• Must be able to work some nights and some weekends or part of the weekend.
• Ability to travel 60% of the time.
• Must have a driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Preference to live in MA or NJ; but other locations will be considered depending on experience.