Grgich Hills Estate was founded in 1977 by Miljenko “Mike” Grgich and Austin Hills, of the Hills Bros. coffee company, after the Chateau Montelena Chardonnay Mike crafted won the now-famous 1976 Paris Tasting, beating the best wines of France. Grgich Hills Estate remains family-owned and operated, practicing the art of winemaking by crafting food-friendly, balanced and elegant wines. We farm our five certified organic estate vineyards without artificial pesticides or herbicides, rely on wild yeast fermentation and use our passion and art to handcraft our award-winning wines.
We are dedicated to quality and maintaining a safe, friendly, healthy environment to ensure employee well being by building loyalties, pride, trust, and mutual respect. Our values come from Mike Grgich, who was told by his father to: “Every day do your best, learn something new, and make a friend.” We all live these values every day, personally, professionally and passionately. This is your opportunity, as the successful candidate, to contribute to a quality driven, customer-oriented winery and be part of the of the commitment to excellence that Grgich Hills Estates strives to achieve.
Stocks, displays, and provides consumer sampling of wine at various retail stores to attract attention of prospective customers, creating maximum exposure through correct pricing, placement, and POS. This position is primarily responsible for ensuring consumer pull by maintaining product availability and merchandising products at all designated accounts, but also develops effective strategic relationships in order to maximize product distribution within an established or growing account base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Achieve assigned goals
• Maintain active and accurate records on all assigned accounts within territory; daily account call records, account contact names, e-mail, phone number, preferred service
days and time.
• Service account by properly rotating current vintage items, checking schematic shelf placement, pricing tags, POS, cold box, and dusting displays.
• Organize, staff, and promote consumer sampling events.
• Provide educational training to store staff as needed to promote and encourage consumer pull.
• Ensure proper compliance to mandated display activity, cold box, and shelf placements.
• Where applicable, encourage additional out of department displays; floral, seafood & meat, cheese, etc.
• Report via daily log any issues with pricing, distribution, or mandates.
• Participate in weekly, monthly, and annual meetings as needed with sales manager(s) to review objectives, plans, actions, and education.
• Please also complete this behavioral assessment by following this link: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/RGq7b
Applications that have not completed the assessment will not be considered.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Have earned high school diploma or GED
• Must posses a valid driver’s license and have own transportation
• Must reside in the territory that this position is intended to cover
• Minimum of thee years of merchandising experience
• Must have the ability to lift over fifty pounds on a regular basis
• Flexible hours, but work no more than 30 hours a week