PURPOSE OF JOB:
Reports to Executive Chef, preparing daily menu, prep, and desserts. Assist with ordering, production schedule for staff. Responsible for maintaining the quality, presentation, professional attitude, and sanitation of the kitchen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Assist with ordering of all products for the kitchen.
• Assist with overseeing the implementation and execution of Cellar One and Courtyard offering
• Ensures that level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently.
• Prepares a variety of cuisine utilizing skill and creativity.
• Assists with pastries
• Assists and execute food and wine pairing for clients.
• Skillfully utilizes hand tools or machines required, reads recipes, measures, cuts, and otherwise works on materials with great precision.
• Possesses and maintains thorough understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates information to assure kitchen remains current.
• Assists chef/Executive Chef as needed.
• Maintains a clean, organized, and safe kitchen; ensures all sanitation procedures are being followed; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
• Follows opening and closing procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Chef.
• In the absence of the Executive Chef this role is responsible for the day to day activities in the kitchen such as creating menus as needed, ordering and receiving kitchen supplies and products, ensure the staff is up to speed on event requirements and timing, and coordinate with dining room on event needs and timing.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Current knowledge of regional and national trends in food and beverage.
• Knowledge of food preparation and cooking procedures.
• Able to multi-task.
• Able to self motivate in work environment.
• Able to follow written or verbal instructions.
• Wine and food pairing knowledge and skill
• Ability to work all types of events; off premise catering, in house plated dinners, food and wine events.
• Thorough knowledge of food preparation techniques and styles.
• Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Acute attention to detail
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
• Ability to work in the garden; planting and harvesting of produce.
• Able to work all shifts and holidays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Graduate of a culinary school preferred.
• Five to six years related experience or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
• Obtain/have First Aid CPR certification.
• Obtain/have Food Handlers certification as applicable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Lift and move up to 50 pounds.
• Visually inspect quality of food presentation.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously