Enologist (Position Begins January 2019)
Posting Number: 0000711
Reports to: Director, Wine & Viticulture Technology
Department: Career Education
Full or Part-time: Full Time
In collaboration with the Director of Wine and Viticulture Technology, the Enologist provides wine technical expertise for the benefit of the Wine and Viticulture Technology program. In collaboration with the Director, the Enologist will coordinate short courses and seminars for the benefit of the Michigan and regional wine industry. The Enologist will perform and manage student analyses of all wines used in Wine and Viticulture Technology courses. The Enologist is responsible for the analysis and quality control of all Lake Michigan Vintners' wines. The Enologist will assist in the harvest and winemaking operations of the program's affiliated teaching winery, Lake Michigan Vintners. The Enologist will also teach ENOL 210, Wine Analysis and Quality Control. The Enologist is responsible for winery record keeping and filing per TTB and MLCC regulations.
1. Engages with students, both in the classroom and outside of the classroom, via practical hands-on learning opportunities.
2. Coordinates short courses and seminars for the benefit of the local and regional wine industry.
3. Manages and performs routine wine analysis on all juices and wines produced by Lake Michigan Vintners.
4. Develops and improves wine analytical methods, as well as the means of reporting analytical results.
5. Teaches ENOL 210, Wine Analysis and Quality Control.
6. Assists in the management of Lake Michigan Vintners.
7. Keeps required records of all wines produced by Lake Michigan Vintners, as required by state and federal regulations.
8. Actively participates in local, regional, and national organizations relevant to enology, viticulture, and wine production.
9. Promotes and continues the development of the Wine and Viticulture Technology program.
10. In collaboration with program director, develops measureable program outcomes and monitors the assessment of student learning for the program.
10. Maintains appropriate records on students enrolled in assigned course(s) and sections.
11. Serves on College and community committees as needed and as assigned.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Enology and Viticulture.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Wine and Viticulture Technology, the Enologist is accountable for supporting the Wine and Viticulture Technology Program, its students, as well as Lake Michigan Vintners as described above.
Bachelor’s degree in Enology or related field from an accredited institution required. Two or more years of experience in wine analysis required. Three or more years of commercial wine production experience preferred. Knowledge of wine processing equipment required. Knowledge of world wine regions and international wine styles desired. Excellent public speaking skills desired. Written communication skills and computer literacy are required. Commitment to the value of diversity and the free and open exchange of ideas; Commitment to the community college mission.
Salary Range: Salary will be based on relative experience and qualifications
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official college transcripts required upon hire.
Open Date: 08/27/2018
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1310397
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesake’s breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our region’s future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxSkLCPzJk.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the college’s facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nzM2vKZIhE, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53VTKiyNImo, and nationally acclaimed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EREbfSoPURY. But many who visit, choose to stay for our http://berriencounty.org/uploaded_images/files/2015%20Berrien%20County%20Profile%20Proof.pdf.
LMC’s main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet it’s less than a half-day’s drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.