The Director Supply Chain Planning is responsible for the end to end planning functions required to execute the company's sales and operations requirements through the application of Lean principles and integrated business planning processes (inventory management, mid-term capacity planning, materials planning and tactical planning/scheduling). Leads, directs and manages the Planning and Scheduling teams supporting case goods production, Packware and MTO operations.
• Understands, communicates, and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provide cross-functional perspective, direction, and support
• Provides leadership and personal support; coaches, guides, nurtures and develops the right people
• Drives Company focus, manages culture, encourages strong work ethic, and fosters an environment of trust and respect
• Develops group and individual performance plans in alignment with Company goals and objectives; communicates clearly and defines individual and group objectives; maintains level of productivity in unit
• Trains employees to do their job; sets standards for work performance
• Monitors performance and provides feedback to direct reports through formal and informal performance feedback; regularly communicates with staff to achieve mutual understanding and desired results
• Recognizes and addresses performance strengths and limitations of subordinates
• Manages employee attendance to ensure compliance with Company standards; approve/monitor overtime
• Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner
• Develops staffing needs, selects new employees, makes recommendations in job evaluation and compensation, and recommends termination actions
• Conducts team meetings with department employees; includes monthly safety topic, ISO, DOE and other applicable training
• Handles employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner
• Provides employees with a safe, comfortable, and rewarding work environment
• Prepares and monitors department overhead budget
• Ensures accurate and timely execution of end to end planning activity, processes and metric analysis - from demand, MRP/materials planning, MPS, scheduling to BOM/master data management.
• Assesses current SAP/scheduling tools and processes and implementation of new tools, if necessary. Drives utilization of enterprise software across planning.
• Responsible for the coordination with all supporting functions (sales, finance, operations, suppliers, customer service and winemaking) in addition to other supply chain functions while liaising with wine-making, quality, and new product development.
• Leads strategic and capacity planning processes with input from other functional areas; marketing, production, sales and winemaking. Analyzes forecasts, inventory and supply to determine impact on supply chain.
• Oversees creation and maintenance of master data in SAP, including BOM's and FGI life cycle maintenance. Develops resources and processes to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
• Ensures on-time availability and replenishment of materials through planning (MRP), scheduling and replenishment strategies and by taking appropriate action to prevent supply disruptions. Understands and utilizes appropriate rules to minimize costs associated with material procurement, receipt and handling.
• Responsible for inventory strategy by maximizing inventory turns, while minimizing inventory valuation and scrap. Manages introduction and obsolescence of materials throughout product life cycle. Positively impacts cash flow and cost of goods by maintaining a high level of accuracy, supporting the order execution process and managing inventories within the customer service objectives.
• Ensures successful execution of master supply plan inclusive of master production schedule (MPS) and production scheduling.
• Responsible for developing and implementing metrics and dashboard(s) to measure performance of production planning and scheduling processes. Decide on appropriate improvement initiatives to lower cost, improve service or enhance asset utilization.
• Designs and implements supply chain processes that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, or new business opportunities.
• Participates in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure forecasts are entered into SAP ECC in a timely manner.
• Actively participates in the creative resolution of supply issues while maintaining proper financial controls to prevent/minimize disruptions in supply.
• Supervise and manage the performance of the Supply Chain Planning team, including coaching and feedback, development and mentoring of the team and management of job performance.
• Guides the talent management activities to recruit, retain, coach and engage employees. Provides timely and constructive feedback on a regular basis to ensure employees have a clear understanding of their work and roles. Manage performance issues when necessary.
• Provide a high level of thought process to drive improvement; recommend areas for improvement and lead projects to enhance the function.
• Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
• Builds strong relationships with other functional leaders to recommend and implement solutions to company issues.
• Manages cost center forecasting, budgeting and spending while identifying opportunities for savings.
• Provide leadership to lead CI/Lean transformation.
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Business, Finance, Supply Chain or a related field. CPF, APICS, CSCMP certification, preferred.
• 10+ years' experience in planning and team leadership with demons