Luna Vineyards, a luxury winery based in Napa Valley, is searching for an experienced Regional Sales Manager to promote our portfolio in the Western Region based in/around the Los Angeles or San Francisco metropolitan areas and the Eastern Region based Chicago/Florida or Texas. This position is responsible for managing business in the territory to ensure volume and profit goals are realized.
The Regional Sales Manager will develop and implement sales strategies, tactics, and marketing plans for the Luna Vineyards Enterprise Portfolio. Must have a track record of successfully managing distributors to goal and a thorough understanding of the wine market within the region. Will work directly with the Senior Vice President of National Sales.
• Responsible for meeting regional shipments and depletions standards in all channels.
• Increase points of distribution within territory and develop market presence for newly introduced portfolio additions.
• Monitor distributor depletion and sales activity, manage distributor inventory, identify all opportunities and propose timely solutions.
• Negotiate and implement regional pricing and promotion strategy with distributors.
• Create innovative incentive and promotion programs to effectively grow market share and increase revenues.
• Conduct distributor sales meetings and tasting events and facilitate distributor review meetings.
• Develop strong working relationships with all levels of distributor sales management and sales representatives, ensuring that the Luna message and selling points are effectively understood at all levels.
• Identify and nurture direct relationships with decision-makers in high-value image accounts and key chain accounts in all channels.
• Support distributor sales efforts in the trade through market field sales work.
• Provide qualitative market insight and reporting. Consistent communication of marketplace dynamics, opportunities and challenges facing the business.
• Maintain and use business analytics including: depletion reports, account sold information, call reports, monthly calendar and other control tools as deemed necessary.
• Minimum of 5 years industry related sales management and marketing experience.
• Track record of goal attainment and successful distributor management.
• Thorough knowledge of the wine industry, including competitive brands, channel marketing, sales and market trends and viticulture and vinification practices.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the highest level of integrity.
• Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to travel regularly and willingness to work evenings and weekends where necessary.
• Job may sometimes require ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
• Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work in an evolving environment with enthusiasm.