The Marketing Communications Coordinator should be self-motivated and flexible in order to thrive at Boisset Collection, a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial company. The role assists in the promotion and image-building of the company and its properties by developing, coordinating and executing various public relations programs directed at media, trade, consumers and Boisset employees. These programs can include media outreach; distribution of information to the press; submission of wine samples to publications, critics and competitions; development of communication tools; and organization and staffing of press, trade and consumer events.
• Manage and fulfill media requests for product information, quotes, photos, materials and samples (including organization, shipment and tracking of wine samples).
• Review newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media and blogs, etc. for industry trends and areas of opportunity for Boisset to get coverage.
• Collect and organize media coverage both print and online, make clips for internal and external distribution and create media reports as needed.
• Develop and manage calendars and records for key media programs – with specific focus on press sample submissions to key wine publications, critics and competitions.
• Maintain and update lists of press contacts for media covering industries including wine, beer, spirits, fashion, travel and lifestyle.
• Help coordinate and execute media visits to properties.
• Coordinate samples, press kits and other materials for key media tastings and events.
• Maintain up-to-date web content as it relates to public relations, including posting reviews, media coverage, press releases and press kits on Boisset Collection and JCB websites.
• Communicate major company events and news via the production of the weekly Boisset Buzz newsletter as well as reviews and media coverage via the bi-monthly In the News newsletter.
• Produce accolade sheets for the sales team and PR slides to be included in the deck for the monthly sales call.
• Develop excellent working relationships with cross-functional teams (brand marketing, digital, sales, winemaking, direct to consumer, order team, etc.) to provide PR support as required.
• Assist with researching and distributing press releases to targeted media.
• Assist with organization and management of events, including press and promotional events.
• Assist with the production of company publications and collateral, including in-house coverage books, coverage reports, and brand brochures.
• Assist with any press, brand and event photography shoots and filming.
• Assist with organization of internal wine tastings to inform PR strategy.
• Source articles to be framed for display at Boisset properties and work with framers to ensure projects are being completed accurately and timely.
• Support PR team with general administrative functions.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
• 1-2 years of work/internship experience within an office environment, or agency, in a position related to Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising or Administration.
• Highly organized with an eye for detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks on deadline.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibly in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
• Positive attitude and self-starter with the ability to forge relationships and add value to PR team.
• Proven desire and ability to think creatively in driving Public Relations efforts.
• Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s value of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/Public Relations/Marketing/English or related field preferred, and experience in a public relations capacity is a plus, but not required.
• Thorough proficiency in Microsoft Excel; MS Word, MS PowerPoint required; preferred intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
• Passion for learning the wine business
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel within San Francisco and California’s Bay Area to accomplish tasks when required (own car not required), including some evenings.
• Ability to lift approximately 45 pounds, to stand for 2-3 hours, and to bend, kneel, and/or crouch.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Primarily in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor setting with adequate ventilation. Periods required in an un-heated indoor setting (warehouse) with changing conditions. Short periods outdoors while conducting tours or moving between buildings. Moderate noise levels typical of public space: music sound system, public conversations, telephones/cell phones, large groups.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
• Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule but may require weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
Equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will be considered.
Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.