General Description of Duties:
This person will operate and maintain all forms of Irrigation Systems, including: drip, macro, and micro sprinklers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(works with all forms of irrigation including drip and sprinkler):
• Check for leaks and maintains and repairs sprinklers before frost.
• Maintain irrigation systems (filters, sprinklers heads, drip systems, etc....).
• Assist with irrigation systems repairs (uncovering problem).
• Assist with fertilizer injection and applications.
• Must be able to operate an ATV.
• Must follow all of the company's safety rules and regulations at all times.
• Directly perform the duty or repairing all systems.
• Will be responsible for the correct utilization of all pumps/filters/injectors.
• Is responsible for the maintenance of all irrigation equipment
• Is responsible for providing a safe and clean working environment around his workstation which includes: pumps, reservoirs, filters, wells, etc.
• Must be able to read and write in order to maintain proper records, as well as utilization of a calculator.
• Will work with little to no supervision.
• Operates pumps and perform all levels of maintenance.
• Troubleshoot and identifies what the specific parts are needed for repair.
• Responsible for all irrigation related duties.
• Reading maps and identifying material needed for new system installation.
• Pressure bomb reading.
• Data collection, cluster count, petiole sampling, sugar sampling.
• Responsible for keeping all records for all tasks performed by his department.
• Computer inputting for all records.
• General operation of trencher and low skilled tractor operations.
• California driver's license.
Oversees small installation crew.
Experience and Training:
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual needs to be able to performs the following duties:
• Operate an ATV (safely).
• Operate pickup (safely).
• Must be able to read and write (English a plus).
• Maintain safety, quality, and efficiency, at a job at a high level.
• Will need two (2) or more years' experience and/or learn the position quickly by meansof on the job training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
In addition, the employee will be exposed to potential hazardous working conditions. (i.e. trenches, equipment, materials (large pipe), high water pressures, chemicals/fertilizers, and drip line cleaners (e.g. chlorine).