Established in 2002, Benchmark Wine Group is the leading source of fine and rare wine for wine retailers, restaurants and collectors around the world. Based in Napa Valley, we acquire the most sought-after wines from private individuals and professional contacts. Our staff draws on decades of industry experience and is dedicated to providing exceptional service to all of our clients. Benchmarkwine.com offers 24 hour access to our cellar, displaying inventory in real time.
Do you LOVE wine? Do you like spreadsheets and data? Why not combine both for the perfect job for wine lovers with an analytical side?
**About you: highly successful fast growing fine and rare wine company looking for a hands-on, detail oriented, organized and technically proficient individual with a strong interest in the world of rare and highly collectible wines. This position requires strong research and data skills. Background knowledge of California and international wines is a plus.
**Duties and Responsibilities:
• Wine appraisal using proprietary software
• Off-site collection pick-ups and travel domestically
• Occasional metric and data analysis projects
• Review appraisals
• Re-pricing wine using proprietary software
• Wine score updates
**Skills & Qualifications:
• General global wine knowledge or enthusiasm
• Excellent organization, attention to detail, and ability to juggle several simultaneous projects
• Solid quantitative/analytic skills; data analysis and entry
• Self-directed with high personal quality expectations, as well as a solid team player
• Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Access; proficiency using Excel including macros a plus
**Why Benchmark Wine Group?
• 100% Company paid medical coverage (choice of HMO or PPO); 50% Company paid dental & vision
• 401k Retirement plan with partial Company match; 100% vested upon enrollment
• Paid holidays and paid time off
• South end of Napa Valley location; easy access to Hwy 12, 37, & 80
• Walking/running trail behind office; shower and locker room located on site
• Monthly catered lunches; weekly wine tastings
May be asked to work occasional weekend shifts and/or travel on short notice all over the country
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER.