Founded by Paul Hobbs in 1991, Paul Hobbs Wines is a highly curated selection of superior quality wines, representing exceptional vineyards, appellations and historic sites from around the world: California (Paul Hobbs Winery & CrossBarn Winery), Argentina (Viña Cobos), France (Crocus), and Armenia (Yacoubian-Hobbs), with new projects in New York’s Finger Lakes region (Hillick & Hobbs) as well as Galicia, Spain (Alvaredos).
The Graphic Designer will collaborate with and assist the Paul Hobbs Wines Marketing team to design, maintain and facilitate the production of all associated brand print collateral, digital content, and trade tools. This is a compelling opportunity for a dynamic, creative Graphic Designer who is motivated to apply skills to a global portfolio of luxury brands.
This is a full-time position at the winery.
a. Ideate with Marketing to design intelligent, innovative concepts and solutions that translate through a variety of channels and provide consistent visual content to support luxury branding and positioning.
b. Provide a mix of design and production to carry a project from inception to completion.
c. Orchestrate and direct lifestyle and product imagery and content for web and print.
d. Design materials to support new product development and line extension launch campaigns and activities.
e. Work with brand managers to monitor, evaluate and assess opportunities to visually and creatively strengthen brand presence in the minds of the consumer, trade and media.
f. Develop corporate brand standards and style guide, refine visual identity and style for individual brands.
g. Support the Marketing and Sales teams with print or other multi-channel projects as needed.
2. Trade Collateral
a. Create new or modify existing collateral to accommodate a specific account, audience or market.
b. Coordinate the timely production and distribution of sales materials to our Sales team and distributor partners.
c. Work with third party vendors, as needed, to create and upload sales media.
d. Conceptualize and design compelling event collateral: seminars, trade tastings, and in-market festival.
e. Increase the impact of educational programs through groundbreaking design, and challenge to find new ways to produce visual content that scales and is memorable.
3. Content: Web, Email, Social
a. Generate relevant and engaging content, to provide cohesive messaging across brand platforms.
b. Assist with creative concepts, template design and execution of direct to consumer campaigns.
c. Collaborate on in-house website design and maintenance.
d. Provide art direction and manage the production of photography and/or video.
e. Produce educational brand video clips.
f. Manage and readily distribute site analytics reports; utilize to improve optimization.
4. General & Administration:
a. Manage design folders and files on network.
b. Upload and maintain assets on Sales team network and on brand websites.
c. Review and manage inventories of print assets.
d. Readily collaborate with brand managers and vendors for production of resources.
e. Design ads and miscellaneous materials as needed.
f. Design, refine templates for corporate and brand presentations, tailoring as necessary for specific needs.
g. Follows all company purchasing and delivery policies—obtain price quotes and process vendor invoices.
h. Delivers projects within budget and in a timely manner.
Qualifications & Specific Skills:
1. Four-year college degree, in Graphic Design or equivalent experience with luxury goods, preferably in an in-house creative work environment.
2. Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Microsoft Office, with strong proficiency of PowerPoint templates and other key multimedia programs.
3. Strong knowledge of visual branding and marketing disciplines, preferably with luxury products or wine.
4. Experience in creative art direction.
5. Extensive knowledge of the printing process for all types of media, including proper image prep, file formatting, maximizing efficiency and economy.
6. Sophisticated design aesthetic with command of typography, layout, color, and communication design principles.
7. Willingness to take creative direction and partner with cross functional teams.
8. Highly skilled and effective working knowledge of social media platforms – developing and executing campaigns.
9. Precise organizational and time management skills, meticulous to details.
10. Demonstrates ability to manage multiple short and long-term projects requiring creativity and ingenuity, ushering projects through the appropriate channels and teams from ideation through completion.
11. Ability to lift and carry a 9.0 liter case of wine.
1. Quality and performance driven, seeks perfection with a keen eye for detail. Sense of urgency and solution oriented.
2. Communicates well in any form of media: articulate, concise, clear, and transparent.
3. Cheerful, positive, “can do attitude”. Fair, friendly, firm, compassionate, authentic.
4. Works smart, strong work ethic. Organized, proactive, focused. Smoothly manages shifting priorities. Works well individually/collectively. Meets/exceeds task deadlines.
5. Intuitive, sound judgment, common sense. Curious, high integrity, responsible, collaborative.
6. Fresh, forward, critical thinker. Self-aware. Embraces constant incremental improvement.