Grgich Hills Estate was founded in 1977 by Miljenko “Mike” Grgich and Austin Hills, of the Hills Bros. coffee company, after the Chateau Montelena Chardonnay Mike crafted won the now-famous 1976 Paris Tasting, beating the best wines of France. Grgich Hills Estate remains family-owned and operated, practicing the art of winemaking by crafting food-friendly, balanced and elegant wines. We farm our five certified organic estate vineyards without artificial pesticides or herbicides, rely on wild yeast fermentation and use our passion and art to handcraft our award-winning wines.
We are dedicated to quality and maintaining a safe, friendly, healthy environment to ensure employee well being by building loyalties, pride, trust, and mutual respect. Our values come from Mike Grgich, who was told by his father to: “Every day do your best, learn something new, and make a friend.” We all live these values every day, personally, professionally and passionately. This is your opportunity, as the successful candidate, to contribute to a quality driven, customer-oriented winery and be part of the of the commitment to excellence that Grgich Hills Estates strives to achieve.
We are looking for a rock star wine sales professional to join our team! This person would be responsible for creating and fostering a positive relationship/experience with Grgich Hills Estate (GHE) clients and for promoting a friendly and engaging environment on or off the phone. GHE employees are ambassadors of the winery and are individually responsible for our clients’ impressions of the winery. Engaging, friendly, outgoing personality, advanced wine knowledge and a working understanding of the history of Napa Valley as well as Grgich Hills Estate is required.
Full Time Tuesday - Saturday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Conduct targeted phone sales campaigns, to delivery team revenue forecasts
• Establish relationships with potential and current clients. Build upon customer experiences through enthusiasm, and engagement.
• Use professional telephone communication techniques
• Keep up to date on the wine market, GHE client offerings and apply new knowledge to your job
• Develop, modify and execute sales campaigns to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals. Utilize active listening techniques when working with clients.
• Document customer interactions which includes recording names, addresses, purchases, preference and reaction of prospects contacted
• Serve as a liaison between the winery and their clients – report all customer feedback to the winery and provide outstanding customer care on the winery’s behalf
• Provide clients with a memorable and unique experience through:
• Personal greetings and farewells, using guests’ names
• Enhanced education about GHE history and wines
• Anticipation of guests’ needs in the areas of sales, service and concierge services
• Developing relationships with clients to stimulate repeat future sales
• Provide excellent customer service, over the telephone or in person
• Conduct outbound calls to update credit card information for expired and decline members
• Develop and execute outreach campaigns to members who have been gone for 18 months or more
• Assist in events that are held on or off winery premises as requested
• Responsible always for representing the company in a positive manner and protecting GHE property
• Perform other projects/duties/assignments as needed or as directed by management
• Must be 21 years of age
• Minimum 2 years inside sales, outbound telemarketing or luxury brand retail service
• Excellent record keeping, strong computer skills
• Previous Direct to Consumer telesales with strong telephone sales
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills, builds rapport and inspires trust
• Detailed oriented
• Demonstrated problem solving ability
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Knowledge of wine and wine tasting practices
• Must have passion, general knowledge or growing interest in wine
• Ability to generate sales, ability to close sales, to up sell and cross sell
• Ability to think creatively, present ideas persuasively, ask for help, when needed
• Be familiar with standard sales concepts, practices, and procedures
• Present a professional image whenever representing Grgich Hills Estate wines
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM systems, AMS useful but not required
Physical & Mental Requirements:
Must be able to work in an office environment; at a computer workstation and on the phone for eight hour shifts.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.