Bogle Vineyards is a recognized leader for producing highly acclaimed wines, sourced from the best vineyards in California and crafted with artisan winemaking techniques. We are a family-owned and operated winery, led by 3rd generation winegrowers who are committed to drawing on the best lessons from the past to make the future even better.
Bogle Vineyards is an iconic brand that has gained the trust and loyalty of wine drinkers globally, having received 15 consecutive Impact Hot Brand awards.
Bogle Vineyards is committed to empowering all our employees, many who have been with us for decades. We are located in the heart of the exceptional AVA of Clarksburg, CA.
We are searching for a journeyman level Maintenance Mechanic to join our Maintenance team.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, the Maintenance Mechanic performs a wide variety of skilled mechanic duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and modify mechanical equipment throughout company facilities.
• Repairs and maintains all production machinery, tools, storage tanks and systems.
• Assembles and installs mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment and systems.
• Performs preventative maintenance on all winery equipment, HVAC equipment, refrigeration equipment, waste water handling equipment, and plumbing equipment
• Performs limited installation of new equipment and systems.
• Performs facility maintenance including all buildings, grounds, process wastewater systems, and drainage systems.
• Performs preventive maintenance program on selected winery equipment systems.
• Oversees complicated repairs, modifications, and installations on buildings, grounds, equipment and vehicles as directed by the facilities maintenance manager.
• Troubleshoots equipment or systems and makes recommendations for required repairs.
• Must be able to complete work orders including tracking parts and materials required to complete the work order.
• Other duties as required.
• High school diploma or GED required
• Must have Journeyman level knowledge and experience in Electrical, Plumbing, machine/winery equipment repair and stainless/aluminum fabrication.
• 5 years winery experience or Industrial Maintenance required. Well rounded knowledge of winery operations is helpful.
• PLC experience preferred
• Must know proper use of safety equipment and safety procedures.
• Must have basic math skills.
• Ability to conduct web searches and use Outlook required.
• Must be able to stand, walk, grasp, push and pull up to 100% of your day. Must be able to bend, squat, climb and reach frequently. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• May require weekend and shift work with required overtime during peak periods
• Must have a valid driver’s license, current insurance and must be insurable under the company’s auto policy
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Working conditions in winery operations can be hot or cold, wet, windy, slippery and noisy, and involves exposure to potentially hazardous conditions. Must be able to work at heights. Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds and stand for at least eight hours. Seasonal variation in workload and long hours during harvest are required.