Kosta Browne Winery, a Duckhorn Portfolio Winery
Located in Sebastopol, Sonoma County, Kosta Browne is a trusted authority on California Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Kosta Browne produces appellation and single-vineyard wines from the most coveted cool climate vineyards across the Russian River Valley, Sonoma Coast, Anderson Valley, Sta. Rita Hills and Santa Lucia Highlands appellations. A commitment to quality, stewardship of the land, and customer relationships has made Kosta Browne an industry-leading producer of inspiring wines that transcend their origins and represent California on a global stage
The position is responsible for representing the high standards of quality and service Kosta Browne is known for while delighting and educating customers and guests before, during and after their on-site experiences. The actions of this position should positively influence customer/guest attitudes resulting in new customer acquisition, deeper customer retention and/or customer referrals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Set up, break down and host daily winery tours and tastings as well as small group lunches and dinners.
• Periodically host customers off-site for lunch, dinner or vineyard visits.
• Through e-mail, phone and text, coordinate and confirm visitation appointments. Close the loop with any required follow-up.
• Collaborate with Customer Service to efficiently capture and/or update customer profiles.
• Maintain and increase customer acquisition and retention.
• Keep master hospitality calendar up to date.
• Assist in all aspects of planning and execution for larger private events.
• Oversee and maintain hospitality inventory and wine.
• Collaborate with Hospitality team and Sales & Marketing to initiate testable programs.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
• Collaborate with Customer Service to provide overflow assistance during release periods.
• Any, and all, other duties assigned or re-assigned by the supervisor.
Required Experience, Education, Knowledge, & Skills
• 3+ years recent experience in hospitality, preferably with a luxury brand or fine dining.
• Material academic or professional experience with wine. Certifications preferred.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask
• Ability to listen, discuss and implement ideas with ownership
• Flexible schedule that includes some nights and weekends required
• Conversant in core Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel). Experience with databases (i.e. Salesforce) a plus.
• May drive company vehicles from time to time. Good driving record required.
• Regular lift and move up to 40 lbs.
• Continuously stand for periods as long as 90 minutes & walk up to two miles daily.
• Frequent transition from sitting and typing into moderate bending, walking and lifting.
• Manual dexterity required to handle stemware, open and pour wine.
• Large two-story facility including banquet room, tasting room, warehouse, office and winery environments. Busy, sometimes noisy with contact with the public and other employees.
Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, and Kosta Browne. Each winery has its own dedicated winemaker and focused winegrowing program. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, six state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, 300+ enthusiastic employees, and 870 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Limited quantities of all wines are available direct from the winery, throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with resume and letter of introduction.