The Event Logistics Manager is an essential role within the events team. Wine Business Monthly events are known to offer a high-quality attendee and sponsor experience, and this position is responsible for ensuring and maintaining the same level of quality at all events throughout the year.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Manage all aspects of venue coordination, including meeting space allocation, meeting room set-up, diagrams, electrical, internet; main point of contact during planning
• Manage all food and beverage planning, ordering
• Order all event consumables such as bags, pens, lanyards
• Manage AV needs including RFP, main point of contact
• Manage all sponsor logistics, coordinate booth design and needs, work with sales team to answer and redirect incoming questions
• Manage general decorator needs and orders such as booth components, tables, carpet, signage; including RFP, main point of contact
• Manage additional vendors, including but not limited to catering, furniture and décor rentals, parking, security, photographer, shipping, bartenders
• Create onsite Production timelines and schedules
• Develop, train, and oversee onsite staffing plan (utilizing internal and external staffing)
• Oversee complete on-site program/tradeshow operations
• Manage graphics and signage plans, working with Production Manager on design and various vendors for production
• Works with other event team members to ensure requests and deliverables are fulfilled, including sponsor related updates, ordering onsite supplies, website updates,
logistics needs, etc.
• Manage storage unit and maintain event supply inventory
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree
• Years of Experience: 3-5 years’ experience working in the coordination or management of events.
• Experience with vendor and project management
• Ability to multitask and utilize strong time management skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organization, attention to detail, and ability to follow through with projects
• Proactive in addressing problems for positive results
• Process oriented with focus on continuous improvement
• Strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to communicate effectively and work well with other employees.
• Work independently without Supervision, as well as part of large groups and teams
• Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
• Office environment
• Extensive computer work
• Frequent deadline pressures
• Numerous projects in progress at any given time
• Comply with company safety regulations