Pride for Heritage. Promise for Future.
Celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2018, Fetzer Vineyards is an award-winning purveyor of wines and spirits spanning multiple origins and available in more than 50 countries worldwide. In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards. Other California offerings include Adorada, Anthony’s Hill, Beckon, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, the original Bourbon barrel-aged wine. Part of global winery Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards imports iconic South American wines such as Chile’s most-acclaimed wine, Don Melchor, as well as the Cono Sur, Viña Maipo, Marques de Casa Concha, Casillero del Diablo and Frontera labels from Chile, in addition to Argentina’s Trivento Reserve. Recently, Fetzer Vineyards entered the ultra-luxury wine and spirits category by forging a partnership with Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co. to sell its historic craft rye whiskey.
We are looking for a Production Maintenance Line Technician to assist our production personnel in ensuring modern, state-of-the-art production equipment is able to perform at maximum efficiency. Reporting to the Production Maintenance Manager and working with our talented team, this is a great opportunity to grow you mechanical skills as you contribute to maintain a large facility which operates four production lines, including two upgraded bulk glass lines, at a capacity of 125-250 bpm as well as maintaining two dry re-work lines. Examples of daily activities include, but are not limited to, performing mechanical adjustments to the line machinery as well as computer touch screen adjustments that affect the machinery.
Schedule: This is a 4-day/10-hr day position Tues-Fri 6:00am – 4:30pm
• Assist production personnel to ensure that production equipment is able to perform at maximum efficiency during production hours.
• Ensure proper adjustments have been made to allow for timely start-up of the production run.
• Perform all mechanical adjustments as required to stay within package specification.
• Change over equipment for product changes.
• Interface with modern PLC-based equipment using touch screen HMI for setup, recipe changes and diagnostics.
• Perform all mechanical repairs, trouble shooting and diagnostics.
• Use all safety measures as required, i.e., PPEs, alternative disconnect and LOTO.
• Communicate with Team Coaches and operators for daily repairs or performance problems.
• Monitor and ensure machinery is in a safe working order. Implement safety modifications and up-grades.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• On call status for emergencies.
• High School diploma, GED certificate or equivalent education & prior work experience combination.
• 1-3 years of experience as journeyman mechanic in related field.
• Journeyman level knowledge of mechanics.
• Experience working with PC based work order management system.
• Basic PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Internet and email.
• Class C CA Driver's License required.
• Must work well under general supervision.
• Ability to work in a loud production environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, Team Coaches and all levels of management in English, both written and verbal.
• Experience with PLC-based automated production equipment preferred, or strong desire to learn.
• Accredited Apprenticeship, a plus.
• Plumbing and fabrication experience, highly desirable.
About Fetzer Vineyards:
Our California winery operation includes Mendocino County winery, production and 1000 acres of farmed vineyard locations. The company employs nearly 330 across the US.
Fetzer Vineyards’ corporate office located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry: apply online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.