The Inventory Planner is responsible for developing a Distribution Resource Plan (DRP) across the Constellation Beer Division network. This individual will focus on ensuring the right level of inventory is in the right location at the right time, balancing various cost and service priorities. As a key role in the Inventory Planning team, the Inventory Planner will work closely with the wider Operations Service functions (Demand Planning, NPD Planning, Supply Planning, Customer Service, and Transportation) to deliver on supply chain objectives.
* Responsible for the development, validation and submission of detailed inventory plans in line with company targets, as well as inventory distribution across the network including distribution centers and direct to wholesaler assignments. Responsible for balancing capacity constraints, demand changes, at risk inventory, and inventory levels
* Monitors impact of constrained shipment plan to CBI inventories and works with Customer Management and Logistics teams to proactively mitigate projected service or obsolescence risk.
* Performs daily reviews of stock status exceptions to take quick action in mitigating risk to inventory levels or communicating potential impacts to all key cross functional partners.
* Develops and presents new product shipment forecasts as well as runs "what if" scenarios as required
* Reviews key performance metrics and service levels reporting, provides insights and recommendations for performance improvement; ensures proper approvals and root-cause codes are captured in compliance with process guidelines
* Supports the Inventory Planning Supervisor opportunities to improve the efficiency & effectiveness of Inventory planning supporting cost, service, and quality initiatives and drives process improvement initiatives to successful completion.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned including coverage for brewery deployment planning, Item level Inventory planning and JDE/JDA inventory transactions
* Results driven, detail oriented with quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to translate analytical skills into high-level analysis and inventory planning
* Self-motivated - able to set priorities and implement decisions to meet deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to work and communicate effectively cross-functionally to obtain consensus amongst teams as well as leadership.
* Demonstrated ability to influence others, build business partners, to reduce risk by managing exceptions, accelerating results, and generating value.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities concurrently with shifting priorities.
* Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
* High energy level and strong work ethic
* Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University majoring in supply chain, finance, engineering or a business-related field or equivalent working experience. APICS certification a plus.
* 2-3 years of overall business experience and 1- 2 years of experience in an integrated planning system environment
* Experience in utilizing an End-to-End Supply Planning system and an integrated ERP system
* Highly proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or Access
* JDA DRP and Deployment experience
* Bilingual in English and Spanish
* Knowledge of beverage alcohol industry preferred.
* Must be willing and able to travel as needed.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).