Auteur is a winemaker-driven brand creating world class vineyard designate Chardonnay and Pinot Noir celebrating our 15th vintage. We are growing and looking for a dynamic and energetic hospitality and sales professional to join our motivated family team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Welcome and host guests for a curated reserve tasting experience in a positive and professional manner that represents our brand image.
• Develop long term client relations that lead to on premise sales and wine club memberships.
• Maintain a clean and welcoming tasting room. Open and prepare the tasting room and outdoor area for seated tastings. Duties to include: properly washing and polishing stemware, stocking inventory, tidying cottage, kitchen, bathrooms and front and back porch area.
• Develop and generate tasting menus, enter accurate sales orders and schedule appointments on shared team calendar.
• Follow the sales cycle through fulfillment and delivery to clients with appropriate communications.
• Provide excellent verbal and written communication with clients, prior to and after appointments.
• Offer recommendations and implement new strategies and solutions for tasting room operations.
• Experience providing premium wine hospitality, luxury retail or high end restaurant service.
• Strong knowledge of wine.
• Communicate fluidly in front of a crowd.
• Self-driven and ability to work as a team, as well as, work effectively independently.
• Sales oriented with the ability to read your audience, tailor the experience to fit client's expectation and close the sale.
• Professional appearance and enthusiastic personality.
• Be open to a wearing many hats, a little garden tending, tidying, and maintenance of the property.
• Must be able to stand for 8 hours and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Applicants must be over 21 years old and have a professional, polished appearance and attitude.
• Competitive industry wage.
This position will start as a part time, however, has the potential to evolve into a more permanent position for the right individual.
Currently proposed hours are Sunday through Wednesday; hours are flexible with established tasting appointments. (Hours and days are subject to change.)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please email your resume and brief note explaining why you’d make a great addition to our family winery team.
No phone calls please.