Auteur is a winemaker-driven brand creating world class vineyard designate Chardonnay and Pinot Noir celebrating our 15th vintage. We are growing and looking for a dynamic and energetic hospitality and sales professional to join our motivated family team. This position can be structured for flex time, full time or part time.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Welcome and host guests for a curated reserve tasting experience in a positive and professional manner that represents our brand image.
• Develop long term client relations that lead to on premise sales and wine club memberships.
• Maintain a clean and welcoming tasting room. Open and prepare the tasting room and outdoor area for seated tastings. Duties to include: properly washing and polishing stemware, stocking inventory, tidying cottage, kitchen, bathrooms and front and back porch area.
• Develop and generate tasting menus, enter accurate sales orders and schedule appointments on shared team calendar.
• Follow the sales cycle through fulfillment and delivery to clients with appropriate communications.
• Provide excellent verbal and written communication with clients, prior to and after appointments.
• Offer recommendations and implement new strategies and solutions for tasting room operations.
• Experience providing premium wine hospitality, luxury retail or high end restaurant service.
• Strong knowledge of wine.
• Communicate fluidly in front of a crowd.
• Self-driven and ability to work as a team, as well as, work effectively independently.
• Sales oriented with the ability to read your audience, tailor the experience to fit client's expectation and close the sale.
• Professional appearance and enthusiastic personality.
• Be open to a wearing many hats, a little garden tending, tidying, and maintenance of the property.
• Must be able to stand for 8 hours and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Applicants must be over 21 years old and have a professional, polished appearance and attitude.
• Competitive industry wage.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please email your resume and brief note explaining why you’d make a great addition to our family winery team.
No phone calls please.