The Cline Family Businesses is a diverse group of family-owned companies that includes wineries, olive oil production and sales, resort/hotel management, restaurants/pubs, and farming operations located primarily in California and Nevada.
With offices located in the heart of the beautiful Carneros region of Sonoma County, our Human Resources team takes pride in working together in an environment that values integrity, ethics and trust. We are seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual to join us in the position of Human Resource and Payroll Coordinator. This position also plays a vital role in both written and verbal communication with our Spanish speaking employees. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, organized and bring a positive attitude as a member of the HR team.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Work with managers to evaluate job descriptions, and source candidates using various Internet sites, and other methods as needed to fill job orders.
* Coordinate interviews, conduct interviews, hire, on-board, train, re-train, retain top talent.
* Assist with the pre-employment process for scheduling of physicals, background screening, and communications with hiring manager.
* Assist vineyard and farming managers with on-boarding, especially during grape harvest.
HRIS Record Maintenance
* Responsible for accurate data entry and maintenance of the HRIS system for new hires, benefits, changes to employee’s employment, personal and pay profiles.
* Prepare and process new hire paperwork.
* Maintain compliant personnel files.
* Ensure compliant completion of all 1-9 forms.
* Create and run payroll, labor and personnel reports as needed for department use or as requested by department managers, or for use in reporting to Federal and State agencies.
* Assist in the biweekly payroll processing for six companies, with emphasis on the agriculture payroll.
* Check and audit timekeeping records for compliance with established company, State and Federal regulations
* Maintain time and attendance records.
* Communicate with managers and supervisors on hour and wage issues that may arise during payroll processing.
* Track new and existing employees for benefit eligibility.
* Communicate and provide benefit information to newly eligible employees.
* Assist in the monthly audit and reconciliation of benefit deductions and invoices.
* Assist with the ACA reporting process.
* Participate in the annual open enrollment process for Group Health and 401k Retirement Plan.
• Provide both written and verbal translation regarding policies, payroll, benefits, employee relations, workers compensation injuries, wage and hour laws and regulations and other matters as needed.
• Support Director of Human Resources with bilingual translation in meetings and written communication.
Other supportive HR duties
• Injury and Illness Prevention Program
• Workers compensation
• Periodic reporting to state and federal agencies
• Processing of custom payroll data reports for HR and other department heads as requested
• Other HR/payroll duties and projects as assigned
Job Requirements- Experience, Knowledge and skills
• Is bi-lingual in English and Spanish, with the ability to translate both the written and spoken word.
• Has 2 year credential in Human Resources education or equivalent experience in Human Resources related employment.
• Experience with payroll and knowledge of current wage and hour laws is important.
• Must be able to maintain a High level of confidentiality and security.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft office - Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience with an HRIS system and ADP is desired.
• Has a proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Accurate with good math and organizational skills.
• Must be able to sit for long periods, bend, twist, squat and lift up to 30 lbs on occasion.
• Must satisfactorily pass the pre-employment physical, drug and background screening process.
This is a full time 40 hour per week, Monday through Friday position offering competitive health benefits and 401k Retirement Plan.
If you are looking to expand your career in the Human Resources field, this is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow. Please send a cover letter along with your resume in response to this posting.