Rubino Estates Winery, located in the picturesque Livermore Valley is seeking an energetic team player to join our Tasting Room and Winery Management Team.
Rubino Estates is best known for its award winning wines and warm hospitality. Rubino Estates links grape varietals that are commonly grown in California with the Italian heritage of our vineyards. Our Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon are among the best in the valley. To tap into our guest's inner Italian, we offer a cool and crisp Trebbiano, a spicy Sangiovese and an earthy Barbera. Our tasting room is open 7 days a week from 11:00 AM to 5:30 PM and boasts an estate bocce court, an Italian inspired Deli, private tasting areas, along with two outdoor picnic areas where our guests can relax, enjoy our wine and take in the beauty around them.
The qualified applicant will be joining a Management Team in which each Manager has a key role in the daily operation of our tasting room with each having other departmental responsibilities as well. In this Tasting Room Management - Scheduling & Staffing role, you will be responsible for the monthly scheduling of our Tasting Room Associates and Helpers as well as staffing (hiring), on-boarding and training of our staff.
The principal function of the Tasting Room Manager - Scheduling & Staffing is to create our tasting rooms monthly work schedule, oversee new employee hiring and to address any staffing issues as needed. The staffing manager will also work on the tasting room floor helping to perform POS overrides for staff, assist in special events, and perform opening and end of day procedures.
• Produce monthly work schedule and share with staff
• Hiring and onboarding of new staff as needed
• Answer phone as needed.
• Provide responsible beverage service according to house policies.
• Process customer purchases on POS system.
• Open and/or close Tasting Room as necessary.
• Perform POS overrides
• Defuse sensitive situations with tasting room guests
• Schedule and Hold Regular, Quarterly Staff Meetings for Tasting Room Associates
• Available to work 4 days a week, including one weekend day
• Pleasant, positive and outgoing personality a must
• Reliable, dependable and responsible
• Good verbal communication skills
• Ability to use POS software
• Experience with opening and closing procedures
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work weekends
• Ability to lift 45 lbs (case of wine)
• Previous experience in scheduling and staffing is desirable
• At least one year of working in the wine/food service industry
• Customer service oriented attitude
Experience - Prior Tasting Room or Hospitality Experience is desired but not required