Francis Ford Coppola Winery is a dynamic and innovative company in Geyserville, CA. We are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our Facilities Maintenance team.
The Assistant Manager provides leadership to the maintenance team, overseeing and coordinating maintenance projects on property. This individual will act as a Safety Captain, leading by example and ensuring work is done safely and to company standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs workers in carpentry projects rough to finish, electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
• Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
• Refrigeration repair and operations both ammonia and Freon
• Directs workers engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing industrial machinery.
• Works with Facilities Manager to establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in problem solving.
• Performs activities of workers supervised.
• Manage timekeeping responsibilities.
• Document employee issues and performance.
• Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Acts as Safety Captain for the department promoting safety and enforces safety regulations.
• Maintains time and production records; approves worker time each payroll cycle.
• Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
• Responsible for all department invoices and submitting to accounting for payment.
• Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
• Interprets company policies to workers.
• Interprets specifications and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Provide leadership and personal support to work team; coach, guide, nurture and develop the right people; “walk the talk”. Drive company focus, manage culture, encourage a strong work ethic and foster an environment of trust and respect. Communicate and support company policies and decisions in a positive manner. Train employees to do their job and set standards for work performance. Recognize and address performance strengths and challenges of staff. Handle employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner.
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or
• 3-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 2 years of supervision experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Excellent organization skills
• Strong leadership and motivational skills
• Computer proficiency in MS Office, Kronos Software
• Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, management, peers, and subordinates
• Strong negotiation and mediation skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability manage and prioritize projects under tight time constraints
• Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance carrier.
• State certifications in one or all areas:
o D1 – Water Distribution
o T1 - Water Treatment
o W1 – Wastewater Plant Operation
• Electrical/electronic certifications
• PLC programming and trouble shooting
Join our family today!