We offer a $250 Sign on Bonus plus a $250 Harvest Bonus.
Please note: Applicants who are offered and accept this position will be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background and reference check prior to hire date. Some positions may also require a pre-employment physical.
Support winemaking and lab staff during harvest and tasting season by organizing tastings and recording tasting results, coordinating and recording results from experiments, and assisting with lab work.
• Three harvests experience with experiments and a BS in winemaking or related field OR five years of harvest experience in the cellar and lab.
• Lab experience; comfortable working with lab machinery and performing bottling line quality control.
• Strong Organizational skills to track experiments and trials.
• Main support of winemaking is working off the written plan for harvest experiments by doing research, support planning, ensuring proper implementation during the busy harvest day when winemakers are out in the field, and recording all details of harvest experiments. Research new protocols, products, or procedures in winemaking to see how it would positively affect Sonoma-Cutrer wine quality, productivity and cost.
• Perform and record daily Brix and temp readings and alert winemaking staff to immediate SCV needs. Assist lab with grape sampling, lab analysis or any other functions as necessary.
• Manage the liquid Malolactic Bacteria Culture by ensuring daily analysis is completed and interpreting results. Prompt winemakers for recommendations to expand culture or other such attentions as needed.
• Organize monthly wine lot tastings, record tasting results, and perform fining and addition trials. This includes labeling all the sample bottles, collecting samples and creating tasting sheets. Assist the lab with bottling functions and lab analysis.
• Organize experimental tastings, tasting sheets, and record results in experimental summary.
• Assist lab with sampling, bottling QC, and any lab analysis as necessary.
Three harvests experiments and a BS in winemaking or related field OR five harvest experience in the cellar and lab.
Valid CA drivers’ license
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, database, Microsoft Word, email and internet applications.
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external contacts.
Ability to build relationships with employees and vendors.
Developed mathematical skills and ability to think analytically.
Work environment requires mobility throughout offices, cellar, barrel rooms, laboratory and related locations. Requires standing for long periods of time and walking and standing on concrete floors. Requires ability to climb stairs and ladders, lift, bend and twist, carry samples. Ability to lift and carry up to 45lbs as needed.
Analytic, Accountable, Lead by Example, Detail Oriented
Will require extensive hours during harvest season, including weekend work.