Job Title: Estate Hospitality Lead
Reports to: Jim Connell, President
Location: Bell Mountain Ranch | 13414 Chalk Hill Rd, Healdsburg, CA - 95448
Medlock Ames is an estate fine wine producer located in Alexander Valley, Sonoma County, California. We farm and craft tiny production, high quality, artisan wines in an ethical way. Our dedication to sustainability is a way of life, and we love what we do. We are 100% organically farmed, solar-powered and advocate progressive, creative farming. Our eco-friendly ranch is tucked away on the edge of Alexander Valley atop Bell Mountain. We are wine industry leaders in environmental accountability & sustainability.
We are looking for an Estate Hospitality Lead for our 338 acre ranch/vineyard on Chalk Hill Road; a fifteen minute drive from the Shiloh exit on Hwy 101. We have four ponds, a beautiful pastoral setting, a state of the art winery, organic gardens and vineyards. We are looking for someone with great people skills, an organized and confident person who enjoys talking with guests and creating a customer focused wine tasting experience. We are looking for someone who can create a moment, an experience that guests won’t soon forget... You need to have wine knowledge, but we will teach you, also. We need someone who is not afraid to roll up hers/his sleeves (like the rest of us) to take care of our guests. You will lead a 90 minute tour and tasting for two to twelve guests at 10:30 and 2:30 daily and be expected to set it up and break it down.
If you’re a self-starter, highly organized, excellent with people, can lead by example, and have a passion for wine, we encourage you to join our small team.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes the following, but not limited to):
• Lead two tours a day (10:30am and 2pm) for up to 12 guests.
• Build and maintain relationships with local lodgings and tour companies to keep our tours full.
• Ability to flow with change; to be flexible and able to manage through changes professionally and with the customer’s best interest in mind.
• Greet visitors with enthusiasm and provide exceptional customer service.
• Educate guests on our wines, story, and winemaking process in a professional and knowledgeable way to ensure high standards of customer satisfaction.
• Support the growth of our wine club and direct-to-consumer sales.
• Handle routine sales transactions, including operating POS, accounting of daily sales, pours and samples.
• Following opening and closing procedures, including organizing and basic cleaning, such as washing and polishing glassware.
• Provide a “Best in Class” experience while pouring in accordance with Responsible Beverage Service Guidelines.
• Previous winery hospitality or wine education experience preferred. Retail experience is a plus.
• Desire to improve the “system.” Working closely with the DTC team, looking to evolve the Ranch Tour Experience to create memorable guest experiences that drive brand loyalty.
• Strong sales experience and ability to convert guests into wine club members.
• We are looking for someone who naturally radiates warmth and an upbeat attitude; someone who receives personal satisfaction from making guests happy and takes pleasure in (and are emotionally rewarded) when being thoughtful to others.
• Kind and result-oriented people with a high EQ, common sense and “street smarts.”
• Empathetic, self-aware and driven to make a difference.
• Can lead by example. Always looking to improve personally and professionally.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and high performance environment, without getting overwhelmed.
• Detail-oriented and timely. Able to follow-through.
• Basic computer skills and great telephone manners.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Must be able to work weekends, including evening events if required.