Unsworth Vineyards is looking to fill a seasonal fulltime winery position for vintage 2018.
Unsworth Vineyards is a small to medium-sized winery located in the Cowichan Valley, Vancouver Island (about 45 minutes north of Victoria, BC). Our portfolio includes a wide range of wine styles from unique and international varieties. http://www.unsworthvineyards.com/
We pride ourselves on a fun, dynamic, working atmosphere. You will work hard but there will be plenty of opportunity to get involved and see all aspects of winemaking and discuss and ask questions.
The successful candidates will have the following characteristics and qualifications:
• Must be willing to work long hours, 6-7 days per week during peak season
• Canadian Citizen/Resident or have a valid Canadian working visa
• Fluent in English
• A valid driver's license
• Positive/ ‘can-do’ attitude, especially when it comes to cleaning
• Physically able
• Works safely
• A passion for wine
• Forklift skills
• Excellent record keeping skills
• Some winemaking experience is an asset
• Some winemaking education is an asset
Contract length: ~6 weeks. Typical starting date during mid-late September and ending toward the end of October/early November.