Martine's Wines is a national importer, wholesaler and distributor headquartered in Northern California and founded in 1979 by Martine Saunier. Our selective import portfolio is predominantly French and our wines and producers are internationally renowned. We have longevity in the market and a proven track record with our brands. In our Illinois branch, we are proud to also represent the wines of boutique Italian importer PortoVino.
We are currently hiring an Illinois Sales Manager who will be responsible for developing relationships with key accounts, with an on premise focus, as well as working with our portfolio to support the team. This is a dynamic, multi-faceted role which requires a positive attitude, management capabilities, relationship building, sales drive and a customer service-centric approach. We are looking for the right candidate who will develop brand awareness of our producers and work across our team and customer base to educate the wine community and grow our market share.
- Establish strong relationships and grow sales with key accounts, with a focus on top on-premise accounts across the greater Chicago territory
- Open new accounts on a regular basis; distribute and assign new accounts out to sales team as opportunities grow
Sales Projections & Goals
- Work with management to establish annual and quarterly targets for the territory
- Set monthly and quarterly goals for sales rep team, monitoring progress, providing support and feedback and making adjustments as necessary
Sales Management & Operations
- Meet regularly with individual sales reps in person or by phone to provide training, support and management towards goals and initiatives
- Run group sales meetings to communicate new developments, present current initiatives, discuss current challenges and taste new wines
- Review territory and account assignments on ongoing basis to ensure maximum performance from the team and each sales rep individually
- Provide feedback to management on territory trends and pricing requests
- Assist in the administration of inventory: working with purchasing department to monitoring inventory levels that are low and notifying on large retail placements or BTG
- Administer the sale of limited quantity items over all territory accounts
- Review holds on a weekly basis to monitor stockpiling and release out of date holds
- Manage sample usage to ensure effective use of sampling and positive ROI
- Oversee delivery logistics and liaise with order board as needed
- Establish standards of professionalism and maintain highest levels of customer service
Events, Tastings & Promotions
- Work with management to establish annual schedule of events, tastings and promotions
- Scout event locations and negotiate contracts
- Work with marketing team to promote event, develop collateral materials and ensure successful execution
Recruiting, Hiring & Training
- Prospect and qualify potential new hires for management review
- Establish and maintain a pipeline of potential candidates
- A strong desire to excel in business and the ability to assess business opportunities and translate into strategy and sale
- Proven track record of achievement in wholesale sales and account management within the Chicago wine industry
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence customer decisions
- Ability to recognize and resolve conflicts effectively and constructively
- Proactive, positive attitude and self-starter
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, along with a willingness to learn new software applications to manage/ drive business
- Must have a car and valid drivers’ license
- Knowledgeable about or passionate about learning about French and Italian wines. French or Italian language fluency or familiarity a plus!
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and commission structure that is commensurate with experience, qualifications and results.
- Employer-sponsored medical, employee-sponsored dental/vision/401k programs; expense allowance; paid cell phone; paid holidays and vacation.
If you meet these requirements and would like to be a part of one of the most distinguished and dynamic wine companies with a growing portfolio of some of the world’s best wines, we look forward to hearing from you!