An Associate Brand Manager at Foley Family Wines is responsible for managing the development and execution of the marketing strategy and tactics for an assigned portfolio of brands. The Associate Brand Manager communicates strategies and tactics to all pertinent audiences, which includes Sales, Direct to Consumer, and Wholesaler teams. The position reports to the Director of Marketing.
Marketing Programs and Production:
• Manages execution of brand marketing plan including advertising, merchandising, promotion, public relations and product development, including packaging. Ensures consistent messaging, imagery and quality standards
• Maintains accountability for approved brand budgets
• Assigns and manages creative work through external agencies/vendors
• Interfaces with Production and Winemaking teams including, but not limited to, written technical product specs, liaison to agencies/vendors/production to lead and monitor quality and timelines, track shipments/depletions against vintage transitions as well as participation in packaging/production meetings
• Works closely with Sales to monitor brand performance and ensure that materials are available to drive results
• Communicates monthly brand business status and programs to Management, including marketplace goals and accomplishments, promotional programs, inventory, merchandising status, and wine availability issues. Consistent contact with Sales to maintain accuracy and evaluation; ad hoc reporting may be required
• Ensures that brand strategies are implemented within PR initiatives. Coordinates branded special events, winemaker appearances, wine submissions and story pitches as needed.
• Provides content for website and manages brands’ trade materials
• Performs as an effective and eloquent ambassador for the brands at both trade and consumer events. Direct winery team travel commitments such as participation in events, trade shows, distributor presentations and blitzes in conjunction with the Sales team
• Works with team to analyze brand performance and competitive information using several forms of intelligence including internal (Targit, Diver) and external (e.g. IRI.)
• Identifies opportunities by channel, market, consumer, product or other for Brand consideration
• Works with Sales to identify issues/opportunities, promotional needs and implements necessary programs by channel
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & OTHER ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree at minimum
• 2 years of premium wine brand marketing management and/or luxury goods or beverage experience preferred
• Significant experience in promotion, packaging and merchandising design/implementation
• Strong analytic, strategic and creative skills
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Ability to balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines and thrive in a demanding, constantly changing environment
• Attention to detail a must
• Self-motivated, team-oriented ethics, and excellent interpersonal skills
• Some travel required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly sitting, listening, requiring the use of hands to finger, and operating a keyboard on a computer. The employee is frequently talking and exchanging ideas with individuals, and is required to occasionally walk, handle, or feel objects; talk or hear. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee usually works in a moderately noisy office environment with light traffic and business office machines and occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Foley Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer