Harvest Intern Position
Ram’s Gate Winery is a boutique, luxury, direct to consumer winery focusing on single vineyard designate wines. We are seeking a motivated, hardworking, and detail oriented cellar interns for the 2018 wine harvest. We work with a number of varietals focusing on but not limited to Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. You will work within a small winemaking team on all aspects of harvest winery operations. Our winery has a strong focus on hospitality underlining the importance of maintaining a clean, well-organized and presentable facility.
Internship will last from Early August thru November.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
• Various aspects of winery operations and crush work:
o Operation of harvest equipment
o Equipment sanitation
o Wine/must movements
o Additions to wines/musts
o Fermentation monitoring
o Barrel work
o General winery clean up
• All cellar crew members work well with others and independently
• Prioritizes daily work to ensure efficient use of time and completion of assigned work.
• Assist with the processing of all incoming fruit
• Operate all winery machinery safely and effectively
• Passionate about wine making.
• Highly accurate, organized and detail oriented, with strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
• Self-motivated and willing to assume additional responsibilities.
• Possess high standards of ethics and integrity
• Harvest Experience a plus as well as Pinot Noir and Chardonnay Experience.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, written and spoken.
• Able to lift 50 pounds, frequently and more than 50 pounds occasionally.
• Able to stand for long periods of time on hard and sometimes slippery surfaces.
• Flexibility to work until the job gets done during peak hours sometimes 6-7 days a week during harvest season.
If you would like to join us in making great wines this harvest, please e-mail your resume and cover letter.