Vineyard 29, a stunning and unique St. Helena property with custom tasting programs at both the winery and at Napa's dynamic Oxbow District is currently seeking talent for both locations in the hospitality and sales teams of our family owned winery. We offer competitive salary and benefits. Vineyard 29 is a profit sharing company.
Your goals will be:
• To provide unique, fun and memorable tasting experiences while presenting or selling our wines to general public and club members.
• To work at an often fast, gracious and highly productive pace while focusing on providing an extraordinary guest experience.
• If applicable, to be responsible for achieving sales, and club acquisition goals.
• To assist with the daily preparation for all tastings, including but not limited to set-up and breakdown, preparation of private tastings, and inspection for cleanliness. May include back-of-house duties.
• To maintain exceptional standards, including overall cleanliness.
• To educate our guests on and sharing the Vineyard 29 story.
• Under the direction and guidance of the manager/director, to foster a productive, efficient and positive work environment.
• To maintain strong communication with manager/director regarding clients’ needs and requests.
• To ensure standard operating procedures are followed.
• To ensure tasting areas/tasting room and inventory areas are clean, neat, and stocked at all times and all displays of wine and non-wine products in tasting room/tasting areas are attractive and maintained.
• To help drive additional incremental sales and Wine Club acquisitions.
• To work the tasting areas cooperatively and mindfully in tandem with other staff members.
• To participate in ongoing training as requested.
• To attend staff meetings as requested.
• To assist with large groups and events, including logistics, set-up, staffing and sales at the event.
The job requirements are:
• Hospitality experience and a passion for wine.
• Knowledge of sales and customer service.
• Ability to both take direction and work independently. Reliable and professional.
• Ability to understand customer requirements and translate these into solutions.
• Good communicator with strong listening and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills including time management, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in an often fast-paced environment.
• Computer skills, particularly with regard to calendars and POS systems.
• Food Serve Safe and Responsible Beverage Service Certified preferred, but not required.
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays and evenings as scheduled and at special events as needed.
• Must be 21 years of age or over and have a valid California driver’s license; must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly and stand for long periods of time.
Please respond with a letter of introduction and resume.