About the Role:
The Vineyard Manager will be working across multiple vineyards assisting with leading a direct and indirect team of employees to support vineyard operations including (not limited to): irrigation, fertilization, frost protection, harvest, minor equipment repairs, equipment operations, development and implementation of HSE training.
We look to hire the best, offering continuous learning and improvement opportunities - to grow, develop, lead and advance.
You are collaborative, an effective communicator and have a desire for continuous learning. You're highly motivated, self-managed with the ability to work autonomously in a team environment and capable of leading in the absence of the manager and as directed.
Although beneficial to have previous vineyard experience, your ability to learn new skills, adaptability to working environments (various vineyards, variable start and finish times, love of working in the elements and high and low seasons) and approach for a collaborative and safe working environment will distinguish you from the rest.
• Degree qualified preferably in Viticulture or Agri-business Management or relevant industry experience
• Valid Class C Driver's License with a good driving record
• Previous experience in viticulture or agriculture - preferably in a large environment
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English (speaking, reading and writing)
• Self-managed and the ability to work autonomously with little supervision
• Computer proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of vineyard operations and maintenance activities - including (not limited to): irrigations systems, pesticides, equipment calibrations, sustainable vineyard practices and equipment safety practices
• Timely and correct administration of paperwork and maintaining logs
• General house keeping
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional work ethic
At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we welcome individuals who seek to make extraordinary impact. We embrace an environment where you can set about defining yourself and your career. Our global portfolio of instantly recognized wine brands include Penfolds, Beringer, Sterling Vineyards, Etude, Stags' Leap and 19 Crimes; TWE is an organization where the sky's the limit.
Apply now and become a proud member of the family that is Treasury Wine Estates today.
No recruiters or phone calls, please.
Treasury Wine Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer