Vintage Wine Estates is a collection of vintner family-owned winery estates and brands based in Santa Rosa, California. We are an industry leader across all sales channels and dedicated to providing wine consumers with a range of wine selections from $10 to $100 dollars. Vintage Wine Estates is a dynamic, growing organization seeking Harvest Cellar Workers / Cellar Interns to join our team. Customer service is central in our culture, with focus on both our external and our internal customers. We value individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy working with a professional, results-driven team in a collaborative environment.
Girard Winery is seeking Harvest Cellar Interns for the 2018 harvest season. The focus at Girard Winery is to create premier wines from Napa Valley, Sonoma County and beyond at our production facility in the town of Calistoga. In addition to the Girard Winery labels, we produce other wines within our company’s portfolio – Viansa Sonoma, Cosentino & Sonoma Coast Vineyards to name a few. The period of employment would extend from approximately late August through November.
We are looking for individuals who have a strong work ethic with attention to detail, who are team players and quick learners in a fast-paced environment.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sorting, crushing and pressing of over 12 different grape varieties
• Sanitation of all winery equipment
• Must, juice and wine additions
• Pump-overs and punch-downs
• Tank and Press dig-outs and sanitation
• Barrel maintenance: racking, sulfuring, topping, and stirring
• Fermentation monitoring
• Able to work safely in busy production environment and around equipment and chemicals
• Good communication skills, able to communicate with supervisors and co-workers (bilingual Spanish and English a plus)
• Good attention to detail and quality
• Previous winery experience preferred but not required
• Must share company values: integrity, respect, value creation, compliance, customer focus
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work in an evolving environment with enthusiasm
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
• Able to work long periods while walking and standing
• Able to climb stairs and ladders multiple times / day
• Able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
• Flexible schedule, ability to work long hours, various shifts and weekends
• During harvest, we operate two shifts which include late and overnights, partial shifts and weekends
• Must have current authorization to work in the U.S.
Vintage Wine Estates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.