Patz & Hall was founded in 1988 by four talented individuals. Together, they have turned Patz & Hall into one of California's most highly regarded wineries, with a celebrated portfolio of single-vineyard Chardonnay and Pinot Noir wines.
Cellar Intern will assist Project leaders as needed in all areas of production, optimizing quality.
4 Positions Available
(Position starts early-mid July and runs through mid-November/ Early Dec.)
• Provide hands-on participation and support for operations relative to daily production activities.
• Assist on Grape receival, crushing, pressing, racking, and pomace-transfers.
• Clean grape’s processing equipment, Sanitize tanks, Barrel cleaning, barrel stacking, and overall cleanliness of cellar.
• Performs work duties in various weather conditions outdoors or indoors.
• Temperatures in the cellar are cool and noise level is usually moderate.•
• Full body mobility: Ability to stand; walk; sit; use tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Able to work long hours and overtime
• B.S. degree in Enology, Viticulture, Food Science or related field or substantial progress towards degree.
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
• Ability to accurately complete work instructions individually or in a team.
• Attention to detail and a commitment to product quality.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.