This position is seasonal and will work full time form June - October
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. General: (80%)
• Perform opening duties daily – to be completed by 10AM for 11AM opening:
• Vacuum, sweep and/or mop entire chateau
• Clean & replenish supplies in public restrooms on 2nd fl & outside(monitor throughout the day)
• Dust & check for spider webs as needed
• Transport trash from Chateau to alleyway
• Monitor lights & call Maintenance to replace as needed
• Coordinate with Maintenance to turn fountains on and off daily
• Set up outside Bistro furniture, utilizing tasting Room help if needed – breakdown at end of day
• Ensure all tables, chairs, umbrellas, etc, are in good condition for use in chateau and inform Hospitality Support Coordinator if repairs are required, and she will inform Maintenance.
• Ensure all Tasting Room storage areas are stocked and orderly (ie behind Centennial, back of Bistro)
• Ensure all tasting and events areas (including caves, South Barrel Room, and View Deck) are clean and orderly even if they are not being used that day
• Daily tasting/experience set up:
• Go over daily tasting schedule with Hospitality Support Coordinator and set up areas as directed
• Set tables with appropriate linens, glasses, plates, utensils, carafes of water, as directed
• Break down are tastings
• Bring wine from cage as needed
• After 10AM when not needed for TR or Events support:
• Empty blue dumpster and recycling bins in alleyway
• Maintain, organize, and restock janitorial closet, plastic container, electric closet, and Visuals & Events closets
• Clean Chiles House Garage and Events container
• Clean Alleyway
• Clean South Room catwalk, chandeliers, barrels, mirrors, and floors
• Bring wines for tastings and events as requested
• Once a week as needed:
• Clean behind all bars as needed –mats & floors - coordinating with Maintenance for larger cleaning projects
• Clean dishwashers
• Wax bars & grand staircase
• Clean chateau doors as needed
• Clean glass surfaces and showcases
• Clean stained glass window as needed, coordinating with Maintenance
• May be required to work special events as support, as needed.
• Schedule cleaning of slip covers and carpets as needed
• Notify Director of Hospitality when contacting appropriate vendor for cleaning or repair of carpets, dishwashers, ac unit repair, etc
2. Cleaning Duties: (40%)
• Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
• Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
• Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
• Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
• Dusts furniture and equipment.
• Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, woodwork, and trim.
• Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, stairways, and other work areas.
3. Trades: (10%)
• Electrical, changing outlets, switches, fixtures. Setting timers. Creating new electrical runs.
• Plumbing, Changing fixtures, roto-rooting. Copper, abs, PVC installation/repair as needed.
• Carpentry. Adjusting doors, cabinets, windows. Helper in new projects and woodworking in shop.
• HVAC. Changing filters, setting thermostats and making adjustments as needed.
4. Equipment Operations: (5%)
• Operating of equipment on property to include:
o Man Lift
o Roller and grader
o Forklift once qualified for this property.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities; but certain “Lead” positions may provide work leadership to entry level maintenance workers and/or have designated areas of the property in which they are the “lead” to work being performed.
Education/Experience: High school education or equivalent; or up to one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience Winery experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
• Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Stand F Lift/Carry
Walk F 10 lbs or Less F
Sit F 11 – 20 lbs F
Handling/Fingering F 21 – 50 lbs F
Reaching Outward F 51 – 100 lbs O
Reaching Above Shoulder O Over 100 lbs N/A
Climb O Push/Pull
Crawl O 12 lbs or Less F
Squat or Kneel O 13 – 25 lbs F
Bend O 26 – 40 lbs F
Working at the computer N/A 41 – 100 lbs O
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% -