Precept Wine is the largest privately owned wine company in the Northwest. We’re seamlessly integrated to run our own vineyards, wineries and world-class tasting rooms. Currently we are looking for the best and brightest to fill an immediate opening for a Maintenance Mechanic in our Walla Walla, WA at our Waterbrook Winery location.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensures operations on all machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance on all winery production machines
• Controls downtime by informing winery production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques, monitoring compliance
• Provides mechanical maintenance resources by answering questions and requests
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with regulations, rules and procedures
• Perform upgrades with new equipment and technology in a timely manner
• Provides emergency unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production
• Oversee special projects and outside contractors
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals, schematics and blue prints to perform required maintenance and service
• Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules
• Ordering and sourcing maintenance parts
• Perform changeovers and complete all associated paperwork
• Report to work in a clean and neat uniform at scheduled starting time
• Perform job duties adhering to quality specifications and policies
• Perform other duties as assigned or needed
Ideal candidate will have:
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Good understanding of electrical controls and plumbing from waterlines and valves
• Solid understand and operating skills on all machine equipment
• Must be a skilled and trained machine operator
• Basic experience with mig and tig welding
• Must be able to twist/turn, reach over shoulders and stand/walk on a continual basis
• Advanced understanding of hand and power tools
• Be required to follow direction from supervisor and company rules and regulations
• Obligation for working weekends, holiday and mandatory overtime
• Previous work experience
The applicant must be flexible, professional, highly motivated, and must be able to manage multiple responsibilities and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
For consideration, please include your resume when replying to this posting.
Precept Wine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.