The Financial Assistant - Retail & Hospitality is responsible for financial and analytical support of the Restaurant and General Stores for High West Distillery. Acts as Finance resource to Retail and Hospitality Departments, assisting with financial business analysis information gathering and research. Point person for Monthly and Quarterly expense management, variance analysis. Ensures proper procedures and controls are in place and enforced to manage Revenue Reporting and SG&A spending. Provides consistent analysis of business performance (profit and results v. Plan, etc).
Financial Assistant must be able to work with all levels of the organization (Finance, Marketing, Sales Division personnel, and Sr. Management.)
* Assist Retail and Hospitality Finance Department to complete monthly close with analysis and adjustments to accounts, recording journal entries, preparing accounting accruals, and additional analysis as required to complete the financial close.
* Runs data files from multiple sources; consolidate and summarize data; isolate anomalies and reconcile balances; interpret transactional data for input to financial systems and reporting to various business units.
* Responsible for reconciling balances for various accounts in accordance with CWUS reconciliation policies. Responsible for validation of the financial information in the general ledger.
* Analyze and review the data and give feedback on key issues within the budget. Responsible for the data input into our planning systems.
* Analyze variances (monthly, quarterly and annual) and assist with the development of corrective action plans to minimize variance. Responsible for validation/interpretation of information in subsidiary systems - inventory, sales, costs, transactional processing. Responsible for adjusting General Ledger balances as appropriate.
* Coordinate monthly inventory cycle counts and quarterly physical inventories, including recording results in general ledger.
* Perform additional projects, analysis, accounting functions as requested.
* Education/Experience - Bachelors Degree in Finance / Accounting or related field preferred. Minimum 2 years' experience in a relevant position. Retail and hospitality inventory/buying/bookkeeping experience preferred. Must have proven analytical skills and solid knowledge of key finance and accounting concepts.
* Technical - Excellent demonstrated computer skills. PC: MS Office (MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint), Planning and Reporting systems, JDE, Hyperion, MS Retail Management System, Web-based reporting, CTUIT, Aloha, and database analysis.
* Professional - Ability to communicate well, follow through, build strong relationships, manage multiple priorities and timelines, prioritize and adjust to change are key attributes to this position. Accuracy and detail orientation required. Understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty; customer-service skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills.
Finance & Accounting
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).