Pahlmeyer, a family owned winery in the Napa Valley, is looking for a passionate Cellar Worker to join our team.
We are committed to creating a dynamic and focused environment at Pahlmeyer, allowing us to craft Napa Valley wines of the utmost quality. In achieving excellence in winemaking, we also seek to create and support opportunities for all employees to develop long-term careers and pursue lifelong learning.
Pahlmeyer cellar workers have the opportunity to complete all cellar activities, while working under the overall guidance of our Cellar Master.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Wine Work with great care and focus, including: racking, barrel down, topping, additions etc.
• Work in a precise environment with exacting standards of cellar cleanliness and sanitation.
• Assist with all harvest activities, including: receiving fruit, pump overs, additions to fermentation vessels, draining, red and white pressing, barrel stirring, barreling down, forklift operation.
• Bottling Operations, including preparing wine for bottle, packaging, and quality control.
• Forklift operator throughout cellar and during bottling.
• Care for and maintain equipment throughout the winery.
Job knowledge and abilities:
• Understand and apply proper sanitation, wine movement, topping, barrel maintenance, and winery equipment.
• Work with Safety first mentality
• Complete tasks under minimal supervision.
• Ability to work with pumps, filtration, gases, fittings, hoses, tanks and other equipment used in cellar and winemaking processes.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
Key among the requirements will be a positive attitude, strong work ethic and a drive for quality. We require at least four years of experience working in wine production. Furthermore, candidates must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work for extended hours, including weekends.
Pahlmeyer offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Most benefits kick-in on the first of the new month.
Interested and qualified candidates send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements. For Company information, please visit www.pahlmeyer.com.