This is hands-on, swing shift role, supervises and coordinates the Bottling Mechanics efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and direct Bottling Maintenance staff personnel and administrative functions ensuring that staffing, scheduling and work performed are in accordance with company and regulatory expectations.
• Ensure bottling equipment safely and efficiently produces quality product.
• Perform and document preventative maintenance tasks for all packaging machinery. Ensure company/manufacturers’ preventive maintenance is performed on schedule. Ensure documentation of all PM activities are completed.
• Order spare parts while staying within budget.
• Training and mentor the bottling maintenance staff. Ensure mechanics are trained adequately before being allowed to work on major equipment.
• Utilize technical skills in troubleshooting, adjusting, and repairing packaging machinery. Cross-train bottling personnel so that they learn how to increase “up-time” and reduce the amount of rework generated.
• Provide support to Bottling Line Staff to ensure efficient daily operational efficiencies as required. Help reduce the amount of rework generated.
• Ensure timely line change-overs between products.
• Contribute to and uphold ISO 9001 standards and quality management system policies.
• Ensure documented procedures and training programs are in place to increase Bottling Line Mechanic competency.
• Engage with Bottling Operations Team to capture downtime and root cause. Analyze and put corrective actions in place for those equipment related issues resulting in safety, quality and/or productivity issues.
• Work with OEM’s to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Assist in the organization and cleaning of the Maintenance Shop.
• Participate in safety related programs to include Safety Trainings, Safety Committee, JSA’s and Safety Audits.
• Supervises mechanics in a fair and nondiscriminatory manner and leads by setting self as role model.
• Five years minimum related experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
• Technical experience with electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and fabrication.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Forklift certified a plus.
• Ability to work flexible shifts and weekends when needed.
• Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• PC literate, capable of working with spreadsheets and preventative maintenance software.
• The main percentage of work time is spent in a wine bottling environment where temperatures are cool and noise level is high. Multiple forklifts are in transit during shift.