Notre Vue Estate has an opportunity for seasoned Director of Sales, Marketing and Operations to join our team.
The Director of Sales and Marketing and operations will report directly to the owners and have dotted line reporting to the Estate GM. This position will have a close, collaborative working relationship with all members of the organization and have significant input in wine varietal and stylistic decisions. The Director of Sales and Marketing will have responsibility for Winery, Sales, Marketing, PR, non- production operations and Operational profitability.
Key attributes include principals of stewardship, authenticity and passion to build a prominent, sustainable destination winery that will be recognized for providing customers and visitors with the highest quality products and experiences in a manner that exceeds their expectations while delivering business goals.
The key responsibility of this position is to manage the profitable exponential growth and effectiveness, ROI and P&L of all Winery sales (3-tier, wholesale and DTC channels) while maintaining a high level of motivation, setting clear goals and milestones, and assisting with prioritization of key initiatives. The successful applicant will be wearing several hats during his work day, some weekend work and attending of evening events will be required.
Direct reports to Director of Sales, Marketing and Operations include all sales, marketing, DTC and production personnel including those involved with DTC, Club, Tours or Events (on and off site). Dotted line reports with bookkeeping and office administrative support. As sales profitability is affected by cost of goods and overhead costs, the Director of Sales and Marketing has significant input with the Winemaker’s production and packaging costs and decisions relating to Winery overhead costs.
Vineyard and Estate operations and assets are managed separately from the Winery Operations.
• Development and execution of winery annual and long-term strategic plans, working closely with the Events Manager, Wholesale Manager, Winemaker, Estate GM and Owners.
• Develop and execute the annual strategic sales plans to deliver business objectives across the three main channels (3-Tier, DTC & wholesale).
• Manage brand strategies and selling messages for all Winery brands. Communicate the brand positioning, key selling points and new initiatives to Direct to Consumer, wholesale and 3-tier teams.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or technical school.
• 5-8 years of winery management experience.
• Thorough understanding and genuine interest in luxury wine business and terminology.
• Understanding and compliance of direct shipping requirements & laws relating to serving, selling and shipping wine.
• Knowledge of national wine sales compliance.
• other ancillary work experience in hospitality industry and management positions will be considered
• Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
• Please supply “complete job history” with dates.