Position/Title: Wine Club and Office Manager
Job Location: Sonoma, CA
Type of Work: Full Time
Full-time Wine Club and Office Manager for our Winery in Sonoma Valley (8th Street East), CA. We are looking for a sales and service-driven Wine Club and Office Manager to oversee our wine club as well as the execution of e-commerce and DTC marketing. Applicants should be energetic and outgoing with a passion for the wine industry and a commitment to giving the highest level of customer service. This position will include occasional weekends and holidays.
Manage all aspects of wine club including but not limited to
*Input/verify all new member information and appropriately handle cancellations Entering wine club membership forms into the system and
becoming an expert on Ty Caton Vineyard's wine clubs.
*Process batch orders, customizations and daily orders
*Create and execute sales campaigns to members and newsletter
*Be the first point of contact for members
*Manage inventory at offsite fulfillment house to insure wine club runs successfully
*Plan, run and attend wine club events as the wine club ambassador
*Manage performance reports detailing wine club activity (new members, cancellations, profits)
*Hosting members and other tastings as needed (sometimes including weekends)
* Manage Winery Assistant who will assist in all functions necessary and report directly to the wine club and office manager
* Be the first point of contact, answering all incoming calls and email inquiries
* Process invoices and create BOLs for wholesale orders
* Social media
* Keep winery website up to date
* Manage mailing list and email campaigns
* Ensuring winery has all necessary supplies and is prepared for private tastings
* Working directly with tasting room staff to ensure tasting room has necessary supplies to
run smoothly and efficiently.
* Maintaining a clean work environment by keeping the tasting area clean and organized.
* Identifying and coordinating participation in key local tasting events.
* Working directly with shipping companies to ensure customer’s shipments are shipped as
soon as possible.
* Direct Sales
* Experience with UPS World Ship a plus
* Experience with digital marketing a plus
• Actively participating in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
• Staying current on recent wine reviews, industry issues and trends.
• Working special events, special wine tastings, and luncheons/dinners, when necessary.
• Maintaining a professional appearance.
• Understanding, practicing, and promoting responsible hospitality.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
• Demonstrated ability to interact well with customers and project a positive, helpful
• Ability to adapt, meet deadlines and take both initiative and instruction well.
• Excellent organization, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
• Able to work independently and in a team setting.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and evenings when
• Ability to lift 40-50 pounds (case of wine) and be 21 years of age.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance .
• Ability to tolerate physical activity, including standing for prolonged periods of time,
bending and lifting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Preferred Experience but not Required:
• Previous wine industry work experience or a thorough understanding of wine varieties.
• Previous experience with social media and producing/publishing advertisements.
• Experience with VinNow or similar wine club software.
• Experience with WineShipping
• Experience with Wordpress
• Experience with Quickbooks
• Publisher, Adobe Photoshop and Constant Contact experience is a plus.
Excellent compensation with benefits commensurate with experience and skills.