Oso Libre is seeking a qualified wine professional to become a part of the Tasting Room Team as a Sales & Hospitality Lead Representative.
Oso Libre Ranch, meaning “Free Bear” in Spanish, represents our blended family names and the spirit of the early California pioneers. We produce award winning, artisan estate wines in limited quantities. Our sustainably farmed vineyards are deeply rooted in rugged calcareous (limestone) hills exposed to sunshine and ocean breezes consistently producing rich, complex fruit. In conjunction with our vineyards and winery, Oso Libre is a traditional San Luis Obispo cattle ranch. Our Black Angus cattle are free range, grass fed, hormone free animals. We are excited about the future of our Angus beef program. Oso Libre’s vineyards are SIP (Sustainability in Practice) certified. We, as a life choice, focus on habitat conservation, energy efficiency, pest management, water conservation, economic stability, and human resources.
Who We are Looking For:
We are seeking a positive, enthusiastic, self-starter who is flexible and loves working in a team environment. We need a confident and competent individual who can work Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Five-day work weeks may be required for special holiday or event weeks. The candidate must be passionate about wine with the ability to sell. We have a large wine club that requires a very high level of customer service.
This person will be the customer’s first encounter with the winery and must provide an amazing customer experience, be able to tell a story and have an upbeat attitude. You will be responsible for building relationships with guests, capturing data and follow through.
• Provides a memorable guest experience while describing wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history
• Works to sign new wine club members
• Handles routine POS transactions using OrderPort software which includes operating the cash register, discounts, employee purchases, etc.
• Handles UPS /FedEx wine shipping using Tasting Room software
• Meets established sales goals for wine and wine club memberships
• Assists customers to their vehicles with large purchases when necessary
• Stays current on winery/wine knowledge
• Cleans and stocks wine displays
• Flexibility in working weekends and Holidays is required
Education and Experience:
• Understanding of basic winemaking techniques/procedures
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds (a case of wine) and be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
• Past experience in customer service and or sales required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Outstanding customer service skills and ability to work with the public as well as fellow staff members
• Ability to effectively communicate with confidence in front of diverse client groups
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Meets changing priorities in the workplace with flexibility and enthusiasm
• Knowledge of best practices and procedures for CA Responsible Beverage Service
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Strong computer skills and data entry experience a plus
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel