For twenty-five years, Paul Hobbs Winery has produced wines as meticulously made in the vineyard as they are in the cellar. Paul's unrivaled international experience and pioneering instinct for identifying exceptional vineyards led him to Napa and Sonoma, where he has refined the art of site-specific viticulture and precision winemaking. Our single-vineyard wines are made to express their distinctive origins, fermented with native yeasts, and bottled un-fined and unfiltered. They continue to garner accolades for their elegant expression of vintage and place. This is only the beginning: through our endeavor to foster relationships between farmers and winemakers, and our enduring focus on small production, single vineyard pinot noir, chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon, we are artfully crafting the future of winemaking.
This is a new position for Paul Hobbs Winery.
The Accounting and Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing accounts payable and payroll. The position reviews invoices for accuracy, obtains approvals, and processes for payment. The role is responsible for maintaining the payroll system, processing bi-weekly payroll and performing other payroll related duties.
This position includes a full benefits package including paid time off, paid company holidays, insurance (health, dental, vision) and 401k with company match.
1. Accounts Payable:
a. Manage flow of vendor invoices, including initial logging, obtaining approval, and entering into AMS.
b. Process weekly vendor check run and mail checks.
c. Work closely with cost center managers to ensure that invoices are coded to the correct GL accounts.
d. Coordinate with vendors to resolve billing discrepancies; process employee travel and expense requests in a timely manner.
a. Process bi-weekly payroll including deductions, garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
b. Work with payroll service provider to ensure all state and federal reports are filed and taxes and withholdings are accurately paid.
c. Ensure accurate recording of the accrued leave banks (pto, personal holiday, sick leave).
3. Accounting Support:
a. File AP, AR, Bank Deposits, etc.
b. Assist Controller in monthly and annual close duties and other accounting projects, as assigned.
Qualifications & Specific Skills:
1. Associates Degree or BA/BS preferred or equivalent work experience.
2. 2-3 years of accounts payable and payroll related experience.
3. Must handle confidential information with discretion and tact.
4. Winery environment background is a plus.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook, and company’s software applications; AMS experience highly desirable.
7. Strong analytical skills, with an emphasis toward problem solving and attention to detail.
8. Works well with others and is willing to be very hands on.
9. Willingness to help out with any task as needed.
10. Ability to lift and carry a 9.0 liter case of wine.
1. Quality and performance driven, seeks perfection with a keen eye for detail. Sense of urgency and solution oriented.
2. Communicates well in any form of media: articulate, concise, clear, and transparent.
3. Cheerful, positive, “can do attitude”. Fair, friendly, firm, compassionate, authentic.
4. Works smart, strong work ethic. Organized, proactive, focused. Smoothly manages shifting priorities. Works well individually/collectively. Meets/exceeds task deadlines.
5. Intuitive, sound judgment, common sense. Curious, high integrity, responsible, collaborative.
6. Fresh, forward, critical thinker. Self-aware. Embraces constant incremental improvement.