We are looking for a new Full time team member in our historic winery. Pope Valley Winery is a small family owned and operated winery in the hills of Napa County and is currently seeking a Full time employee to join our tasting room team. Ideal candidates should have a fun, outgoing, service-oriented personality and be a motivated team player with a positive attitude and some knowledge of the wine industry. Training and education will be provided. Hours will include weekends and some holidays. This position competitive hourly rate, plus commission and wine club bonuses. We are also offering a signing bonus! Please note our location before applying to this job as we are not located on the valley floor but the north-eastern mountains of Napa Valley.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Greet all visitors to the winery and pour wines for tasting.
• Create a memorable experience for the guests
• Describe wines and winery history; answer visitors’ questions about wines.
• Provide general tourist information.
• Handle routine sales transactions which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales.
• Assist with display and stocking of retail items and wines
• Assist in maintaining cleanliness of facilities.
• Assist with hospitality special events as needed.
• Represent winery at outside functions as needed.
• Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of winery and its wines.
• Preparing food items from our appetizer menu
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
• Wine related experience helpful.
• Knowledge of wines and wine production.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Proficient on the computer (familiar with Wine Direct POS systems, Cellar Pass, Microsoft Office, Google Docs)
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be able to bend, squat, climb, push, stoop and crouch repeatedly
• Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods as required by job duties
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs on a regular basis
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously