Duckhorn Wine Company has set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. The acclaimed Duckhorn Wine Company portfolio includes Duckhorn Vineyards, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Decoy, Canvasback and Calera, each with its own dedicated winemaker. With more than 700 acres of renowned estate vineyards, along with grapes from the finest growers, each winery has a canvas of lots from which to blend its wines. Focused on optimal grape selection, innovative winemaking techniques and a premium barrel-aging program, Duckhorn Wine Company is founded on a pioneering spirit and unwavering commitment to quality. Duckhorn Wine Company wines are available throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries.
SUMMARY: As an intern, provide necessary technical information and support in regards to vineyard related tasks for DWC Estate Mt Harlan Vineyards and Grower Vineyards in Central Coast.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Vine counts and mapping
• Measurements related to ETo (pressure chamber)
• Reports on irrigation tools (TULE)
• Crop estimation: cluster counts and weights
• Harvest sampling
• Responsible for data input and organization using computer databases
• Harvest duties including support to vineyard crew in sorting and delivery of fruit. May require the operation of large trucks and vineyard equipment.
• Grower support as needed
• Special projects as assigned
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid International/California Driver's License and clean DMV record required.
• Viticulture or Enology coursework
• Irrigation knowledge
• Excellent computer skills to include Excel, Word, Access
• Bi-lingual a plus (Spanish)
• Must have a clean driving record
• May require use of personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement
• Ability to operate an ATV
Must be a self-starter with strong work ethic and good communication skills. Also, must be able to work independently for extended periods of time and remain on task. Person must be able to work outside for extended lengths of time during periods of extreme weather. Great job for anyone willing to experience growing premium wine grapes on a challenging site in the Central Coast region.
*** The anticipated time frame for this position is from May 14th– November 15th, 2018 ***
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive compensation. Please respond with resume, letter of introduction and salary requirements.