Gordon Estate Winery
Direct to Consumer Sales Manager
Gordon Estate Winery is looking for an individual to manage our direct-to-consumer wine sales program. Self-awareness and integrity are paramount in this role. This hard-working and motivated individual will be responsible for growing our existing wine club, creatively offering new programs to our members, effectively communicating our brand story, and increasing sales traffic to our website as well as during our monthly tasting room openings. Our family business maintains a relaxed yet professional environment, and we are looking for someone who mirrors our core business values and can represent our brand to a diverse customer base.
Duties include: management of online sales and shipping, tasting room management, on- and off-site event management, customer relations, and customer service. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to grow direct to consumer sales and will have wine industry knowledge. This is a salary-exempt position with paid time off and paid holidays. This position reports to the General Manager.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter no later than March 23, 2018.
The Direct to Consumer Sales Manager is responsible for all direct to consumer (DTC) wine sales. This includes coordinating tasting room sales, wine club management, consumer tasting events, social media account management, wine submissions for competitions and reviews.
• You have proven yourself as an effective manager of consumer sales, and you know how to grow a loyal customer base
• You easily interface with the public in a variety of forums
• You possess thoughtful and intuitive customer service skills
• You have knowledge of the innerworkings of the wine industry and its role in our society
• You are familiar with best practices for social media platforms and you are able to maximize the marketing opportunity they offer
• You are comfortable with a fluctuating workload and realize that at times it will be necessary to work evening and weekend events
• You are passionate about clear communication and equally comfortable with written and verbal communication mediums
• You have a commitment to teamwork and collaboration that is grounded in your capacity for empathy
• You are meticulous in your attention to detail
• You thrive in an environment where you can establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without direct supervision
• You have the vision and mindset to identify, handle and resolve problems quickly before they become recurring issues
• You can operate basic computer programs (MS Word, Excel) and have a proven capacity to learn new point of sale programs
• You have a honed sense of professionalism around office procedures and equipment (telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping)
• You are a lifelong learner who displays adaptability in the face of changing circumstances
• You can repetitively lift and carry 50#
• You have a valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation
• Management of DTC software package
• Processing and shipping online orders
• Wine club management – two shipments per year
• Consistently grow DTC sales and wine club by maximizing marketing opportunities and creating demand through special membership programs.
• Coordinate wine club release events and special opportunities
• Responsible for off-site event registration (to include but not limited to: wine shows, Taste Washington, etc)
• FedEx and UPS account management
• Manage social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
• Work with Finance Manager to ensure accurate inventory and direct shipping sales tax reporting
• Manage winery general email account and phone messages
• Work with sales team to coordinate marketing efforts in the local market
• Work with sales team to coordinate off-site wine club events outside the local market
• Assist in responding to donation requests
• Assist with website content and management
• Assist with generation of marketing materials, brochures, coupons
• Special projects and other responsibilities as needed or assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.